2nd day of 30DS is it possible to gain weight?

Options
its my second day of 30ds, i mornally any weight myself once a week on the friday morning but weighted myself today and the scales said i put a lb on? im 5,3 about 8half stone got fat but not loads mainly on legs and belly would this dvd be suitable for me as i dont want to gain loads of weight :/ As anyone done the whole of 30ds and gained weight? would love to know thanks x

Replies

• guastato
    guastato Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    It can be just water weight from one day to the next, so don't focus too much on it, try your best to just weigh yourself once per week at the same time of day. I'm just started 30 day shred as well so can't really help you much there, but I wouldn't worry to much about it.
  • loopygoat
    loopygoat Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    What is 30DS?
  • Jade1x
    Jade1x Posts: 166
    Options
    What is 30DS?
    30DS is a workout dvd from Jillian M x
  • Aeliyah
    Aeliyah Posts: 247
    Options
    30DS is the 30 Day Shred dvd by Jillian Michaels. I gained 3 lbs in the first 4 days... It's mostly water weight, and I'm sure your muscles are hurting and holding on to everything they can, haha. Over the 30 days you will also gain muscle mass. I think most people break even with their weight: no loss, but no gain. However, they certainly do shrink, and that's what matters with this dvd! :)
  • MandaLee8908
    MandaLee8908 Posts: 1,353 Member
    Options
    Yes, it is possible. When you start a new exercise program that your muscles are not used to, they typically retain water to repair themselves. I retained 3-4 lbs of water weight for a couple weeks when I started running. Don't worry about weight...worry about how your clothes fit :-)
  • Jade1x
    Options
    I hope so, im going to weight myself on the correct day which would be friday so still got like 2days. Andhopfully its somethng stupid and nnot propa weight gain :) Hope you like 30ds and good luck xx
  • KayakAngel
    KayakAngel Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    It happened to me too with that workout. Are your muscles pretty sore? Muscles store extra water weight when they're healing, I've been told, so don't worry about it and keep going. 30DS is an excellent workout.
  • navyw1fe
    navyw1fe Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    What is 30DS?

30DS is jillian michaels 30 day shred dvd..its a cardio and strenght training with 3 levels.. each level is to be done for 10days but if your not ready to move on then u can stay on that level..you will need a mat if working out on hard surface and 3 or 5lb hand weights..im on day 6 level 2 right now..during my 1st 2 weeks of starting 30ds in gained 2lbs also. it was water weight plus your gaining muscle and that weighs more than fat. now ive lost those 2 lbs plus a few more..but lost more inches than anything!
  • rosalee87
    rosalee87 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    I'm actually on my 3rd day of 30DS and I actually lost but not gained between these 3 days - it might just be water weight I had that same problem during Banish Fat Boost Metabolism but the weight came off.
  • JulieSD
    JulieSD Posts: 567
    Options
    I started it (30 Day Shred by Jillian MIchaels) last night. I feel achy today but absolutely amazing. I have so much energy. Its crazy!! I will only weigh myself on weigh day (Sunday), unless I'm away on Sunday morning. I find that weighing myself daily was too much of a stresser. I'm sure if you stick to your weigh day you'll see results :)
  • DK30096
    DK30096 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    It's very possible. When I started doing strength training I gained 5 pounds in one day. It is water weight your body uses to protect your muscles. Keep at it you won't have that weight by the end!
  • SpectacuLaura
    SpectacuLaura Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    I gained 2 pounds when I first started the Shred too. It came off towards the end, but to be honest, I only lost 1 pound after finishing the whole thing. I'm definitely more toned and have way better endurance, but it was not the most effective weight loss tool for me, personally.
  • Jade1x
    Options
    This will be my 3rd day tonight too and boy my legs and arms are killing, hopfully i wont gain any more weight i aint bothred if dont lose any either aslong as i tone up, i really dont wont to put weight on, But is there any chance that i will? as ive been told muscle is heavier than fat? xx
  • vaneskanu
    Options
    Hello everyone. Can anyone tell me what is the 30 day shred? n how can i get it? hanks
  • vaneskanu
    Options
    Hello everyone. Can anyone tell me what is the 30 day shred? n how can i get it? hanks
  • JulieSD
    JulieSD Posts: 567
    Options
    This will be my 3rd day tonight too and boy my legs and arms are killing, hopfully i wont gain any more weight i aint bothred if dont lose any either aslong as i tone up, i really dont wont to put weight on, But is there any chance that i will? as ive been told muscle is heavier than fat? xx

I was just texting my friend and he asked how I was feeling and I said great, except my legs and arms and shoulders are achy! We must be on the right track! :)
  • Jade1x
    Options

I was just texting my friend and he asked how I was feeling and I said great, except my legs and arms and shoulders are achy! We must be on the right track! :)

my legs kill the most hurts to walk down the stairs i hope all this pain is worth it lol, we can keep each other posted :)
  • Jade1x
    Options

I hope he email helped?
  • medoria
    medoria Posts: 673 Member
    Options
    Its only your second day, CHILL!!!!
  • Jade1x
    Options
    Its only your second day, CHILL!!!!

Yeah its alright chilling but not so nice when you see that you've put pounds on :/