Have a Nintendo Wii? Please Help!

Options
Hi All!

I have a Nintendo Wii that is sitting here collecting dust (boo!). I need to know what great work out games you recommend. I do not have the Wii Fit -- do you think I need it to fully utilize the Wii? Im really hoping to not have to purchase the Wii Fit and just purchase some cool, fun work out games.

I know I can always count on the awesome MFPeeps for advice. Thanks in advance. Have a blessed and happy day!

Replies

• hkrosez
    hkrosez Posts: 53
    Options
    I really do LOVE Wii Fit, but Wii Sports Resort is also really fun. Any of the sports ones give a decent workout if you do it long enough. Wii Fit really is worth the money though, I love it.
  • 4vhughes
    4vhughes Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I just got EA Active 2 for Wii at Target for $10 this weekend! LOVE!!!! It came with a heart rate monitor and 3 resistance bands. There are tons of 'trainer' designed programs or you can create your own. And you don't have to have the Wii Fit to use it. Did I mention LOVE!
  • kthom
    kthom Posts: 175
    Options
    Wii Active is good. I have heard Zumba is good but don't have it. I have Jillian Michaels but it needs Wii Fit. You should utilize your wii, the sports games are a good workout too. have fun!
  • beginswithb
    Options
    Wii Sports are fun and can burn some calories. The boxing, for example, can burn some if you use the correct form and control. A friend has a Wii game with racquetball and she swears it's an intense workout too. I have a Wii Fit and I know there are mixed studies about it but I love using it. If you're ever able to purchase one, I'd say go for it! Ooh, and Just Dance 2 is fun for burning calories. (Sorry, I'm all over the place today!)
  • PlanetVelma
    PlanetVelma Posts: 1,231 Member
    Options
    I have the Wii Fit plus and I love it (as do my kids). I've talked to a few people who have the Biggest loser, Golds Gym & Zumba for the Wii and they really like all of them. I don't think any of those games require the board, but I'm not 100% on that....
  • ktmccorkell
    ktmccorkell Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Just Dance 2 is great also!
  • CraigIW
    CraigIW Posts: 176
    Options
    I have to say, Wii fit is pretty worth ot. You can get the board and game together new for around £60.

If you really don't want to get the board, I have heard good things about EA Sports Active - More Workouts. Note, the actual EA Sports Active is supposedly not good, but the More Workouts is supposeed to be good.

Maybe check your local cash converters or Game for a second-hand board?
  • idiocracy
    idiocracy Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    Wii EA Sports Active is much better than Wii fit and you have the option of playing it with or without the balance board. This is what I have http://www.walmart.com/ip/EA-Sports-Active-Wii/10924355 . I also have the Wii Fit, but that one is a lot more for fun, but the EA Sports active will really make you exercise. To this one there is an addition with a heart rate monitor.
  • CountryDevil
    CountryDevil Posts: 819 Member
    Options
    We have the Wii fit and love it. My son and I have competitions on how can get the best times on some of the activities. Trying to keep up with an 11 yr old with tons of energy is a workout in itself.
  • CorrieV1976
    CorrieV1976 Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    I have Wii fit plus and I use it most of them time but I also love Zumba on Wii - Just Dance 2 - Biggest Loser (that one is tough - for me anyway)
  • Cmccracken1
    Cmccracken1 Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    the zumba game is fun... and makes me sweat like crazy.
  • TxAngel79
    TxAngel79 Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    Just Dance 2 is AWESOME! It even has a Just Sweat program! I do that alot, especially when I can't get to the gym!
  • howmyworldruns
    Options
    Wii Sports (I think it's called) comes with Boxing and there's a training section that has more boxing workouts as well.
  • meli_medina
    meli_medina Posts: 594 Member
    Options
    Wii Fit Plus is great, but I use it more for the goal-setting aspects than the workout anymore. I also have Dance Dance Revolution 2... it even has a fitness mode so you can work out for X amount of minutes or X amount of calories (I always use the minutes function). I'm getting ready to give Zumba Party a try, as well. I've looked at EA Active several times... should've went to Target last week and got it for $10.
  • SpectacuLaura
    SpectacuLaura Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    Wii Fit is way worth it to buy. It's a great home workout and it's sooo much fun!
  • nerdyandilikeit
    nerdyandilikeit Posts: 2,185 Member
    Options
    Just Dance 2 is great also!

Just. Dance. 2! (actually any of them).

You won't even realize you're exercising, and you'll be soaked in sweat. I PROMISE!

I also have the Wii Fit Plus, Wii Sports and Wii Resort, which are all fun and a pretty good low intensity workout (for most of the games on them, not all).
  • Tabby1980
    Tabby1980 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Just Dance is a fantastic workout not to mention great fun - you can also do a party mode with friends, or the hubby and I like to have a 2 player contest as to who scores the highest :D
  • Lisahandy
    Options
    I love cycling on Wii Resorts you use the controllers to peddle the bike. I get on my lil trampoline and jog in place ( keeping pace with the race) while peddling my arms. As you play more you earn longer races and it becomes much more challanging and fun.
  • MrsSWW
    MrsSWW Posts: 1,590 Member
    Options
    I have the Fit board and love it, BUT I have to say Just Dance and Zumba both make me break into a sweat and are GREAT fun!
  • LynnBirchfield
    LynnBirchfield Posts: 577 Member
    Options
    Just Dance is so much fun and really makes you sweat. Good luck. :-)