Weekends *šŸ¤Ø*

How do you eat etc during the weekends? I feel like Iā€™m allowed a bit of a binge because itā€™s ā€œthe weekendā€ any tips on how to enjoy the weekends without thinking I can eat loads of chocolate šŸ˜¬
I love Doritos and salsa, so iv changed them to healthier versions for example. Itā€™s more about the mindset for me šŸ¤” x

Replies

• anna246marie
    anna246marie Posts: 15 Member
    Just realised iv put this on theā€success storiesā€ šŸ˜¬ sorry! Canā€™t work out how to delete it
  • IAmTheGlue
    IAmTheGlue Posts: 701 Member
    A mod can move this for you, I believe.

Maybe find a new weekend hobby? Like if you usually snuggle up on your couch, snack and watch a movie you could go for a walk or bike ride to earn some extra calories for your snacks?
  • RelCanonical
    RelCanonical Posts: 3,882 Member
    Just realised iv put this on theā€success storiesā€ šŸ˜¬ sorry! Canā€™t work out how to delete it

You can report your own post and ask the mods to move it. (:

As to your question, perhaps figure out why you feel the need to overeat on weekends. Is it a social thing? Habit? Being so strict during the rest of the week that you feel deprived of foods you enjoy?
  • AmethystEFC
    AmethystEFC Posts: 140 Member
    I made Monday morning my ā€œofficialā€ weigh in day. If I go crazy on the weekend thereā€™s no time to fix it, itā€™s definitely showing up on the scale.

This is what I do. It keeps me level with my eye on my Monday morning target.

• anna246marie
    Thanks everyone šŸ˜€ some great things for me to think about and try out! šŸ’•
  • ms_true
    ms_true Posts: 43 Member
    What did you find to take the place of doritios and salsa?
  • I have finally accepted that I cannot just eat whatever I want and maintain my weight at the level I prefer. So I have to say no to snacks and treats sometimes and have smaller portions of them than I really want.
    I just try and eat a smaller amount of the treats at the weekend and get a bit more exercise in.

Weekdays for some reason arenā€™t so much of a problem. I guess itā€™s because Iā€™m at work and that distracts me from food.
  • anna246marie
    ms_true wrote: Ā»
    What did you find to take the place of doritios and salsa?

I buy the own brand ones which are a lot healthier ā˜ŗļø
  • Cricketmad88
    Cricketmad88 Posts: 415 Member
    I eat at a loss of 2lbs a week during the week and then aim for the same at the weekend but know this is not likely, as long as I don't go over maintenance amount I am happy. Maybe it would be better for you to look at your weekly net calories and keep this below a set goal not the daily amount as this is what I do.
  • RhinoSaurusRex75
    RhinoSaurusRex75 Posts: 37 Member
    Throw all of the junk food out of the house and replace it with healthy alternatives. Stay active and drink fluids. If you keep trash in the house, likely you'll eat trash, feel like trash and set yourself back. One word. DETERMINATION
  • ellie117
    ellie117 Posts: 293 Member
    I'm always out and about on the weekends, especially during this time of year. Always going somewhere with beer/fried food and I just can't stay away. Monday morning weigh-ins are no fun. I try to stay under 2,000 on Saturday/Sunday while sticking to 1,200 during the week. I'm able to lose still, but probably not at the rate I could be if I was able to contain myself on weekends :(
  • NorthCascades
    NorthCascades Posts: 10,970 Member
    I eat extra on the weekends, because they give me time to hike, ski, or go for long bike rides. (Fun time)
  • Danp
    Danp Posts: 1,561 Member
    I suppose there's two ways you can look at it.
    1. Weekends are a work thing not a food thing so Sat and Sun are just another day of the week and subject to the same calorie goals and whatnot as Mon-Fri
    2. Weekends are a bit loose so you bank or save up a few calories Mon-Fri so that you can enjoy them later
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,345 Member
    I bank calories for the weekends, I save 200 cals a day Mon-Thur to help with the weekend eating.
  • amy19355
    amy19355 Posts: 805 Member
    How do you eat etc during the weekends? I feel like Iā€™m allowed a bit of a binge because itā€™s ā€œthe weekendā€ any tips on how to enjoy the weekends without thinking I can eat loads of chocolate šŸ˜¬
    I love Doritos and salsa, so iv changed them to healthier versions for example. Itā€™s more about the mindset for me šŸ¤” x

I don't use food as a reward. Enjoy what you eat and eat what you enjoy when you want it. It's all about portion control in the end - know you calorie requirements, measure before eating and log what you consume to remove doubt about what's left in the calorie budget at the end of the day.

good luck.