Motivating books, blogs, Instagram pages

Options
Hello all,

I am looking for motivating literature recommendations to help me lose weight (or keep my focus to losing weight). Do you have a book, a blogs and/or an Instagram page that you found helped to motivate you? If yes, please let me know (and yes feel free to post your own page)

Thank you!

Replies

• Shortgirlrunning
    Shortgirlrunning Posts: 1,020 Member
    Options
    Podcast recommendation: We Only Look Thin

Hosted by a married couple who each lost 100+ lbs. They have lots of great advice/tips/experience and are funny too.
  • CrumbsInMyButter
    CrumbsInMyButter Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    @Shortgirlrunning Thank you for the suggestion - I didn't even think about podcast!
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,897 Member
    edited November 2019
    Options
    I get choked up every time I watch this story about how a disabled former paratrooper transformed his life:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bIXOo8D9Qsc&t=32s
  • CrumbsInMyButter
    Options
    Thank you @kshama2001
  • NorthCascades
    NorthCascades Posts: 10,970 Member
    Options
    summitpost.org
  • axsxmxa
    axsxmxa Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    JordanShrinks on youtube - both her and her boyfriend (ZachAttacksFat) lost an enormous amount of weight and kept it off, and she frequently discusses how she lost the weight and how she keeps it off. I love her. They’re both also on Instagram.
  • CrumbsInMyButter
    Options
    Thank you @NorthCascades et @axsxmxa
  • New_Heavens_Earth
    New_Heavens_Earth Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    Obese to Beast and Jordan Syatt on YouTube.
  • springlering62
    springlering62 Posts: 7,428 Member
    Options
    The Success Stories threads on MFP are inspirational, especially the NSV thread and the What They Don’t Tell You About Weight Loss. And I read all the individual posts and silently applaud each and every one of them. They are the ones that made it past po po pitiful me to their goals.
  • MarcyMavin
    MarcyMavin Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    YouTube: Jeff Cavaliere , Training Tall
  • 76Crane76
    76Crane76 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    The Obesity Code by Dr. Jason Fung.
  • CrumbsInMyButter
    Options
    @MarcyMavin , @76Crane76 , @New_Heavens_Earth and @springlering62 Thank you for the suggestions! Going to google now

PS: @Shortgirlrunning I started listening to "We only Look Thin" and it's hilarious. Really enjoying it.
  • holly_roman
    holly_roman Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Ok so this might be different but instead of listening to music when I workout I have been listening to YouTube motivational workout videos from people like Billy allsbrooks. I just accidentally came by it one day and it has changed how motivated I am to workout. When I listened to music before I would be able to do 10 minutes on the treadmill at 3.2 speed at max. I was dying at the end. The day I found those videos to listen to and since, I did 20 min on the treadmill at 3.4 and I feel good at the end. Just look up motivation workout on YouTube and give some a try.
  • ReenieHJ
    ReenieHJ Posts: 9,724 Member
    Options
    Ok so this might be different but instead of listening to music when I workout I have been listening to YouTube motivational workout videos from people like Billy allsbrooks. I just accidentally came by it one day and it has changed how motivated I am to workout. When I listened to music before I would be able to do 10 minutes on the treadmill at 3.2 speed at max. I was dying at the end. The day I found those videos to listen to and since, I did 20 min on the treadmill at 3.4 and I feel good at the end. Just look up motivation workout on YouTube and give some a try.

Will definitely check them out! Thanks!