Are morning workouts more effective?

Options
Just curious , its been hard to workout first thing in the morning ...does working out mid day slow my progress?

Replies

• MichelleWithMoxie
    MichelleWithMoxie Posts: 1,819 Member
    Options
    Nope. Workout whenever you can fit it in.
  • Chef_Barbell
    Chef_Barbell Posts: 6,646 Member
    Options
    Nope.
  • Untilproud11
    Untilproud11 Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    Perfect , thanks !
    There is lots of confusing info out there , I've always had the mentality that if i dont workout in the early morning it wont be effective for weightloss...
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Options
    Whatever works best for you.. convenience, when you feel best and have the most energy to get it done. There is a lot of nonsense out there.
  • psychod787
    psychod787 Posts: 4,088 Member
    Options
    bpetrosky wrote: »
    The most effective workout is the one you actually do. If you struggle to workout in the morning then pick a time that works better for you.

Damn. Stole my exact words.
  • JenniferM1234
    JenniferM1234 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Doesn't matter, unless if you "blow off" morning exercise and tell yourself you'll do it after work, and then after work you're too tired and say "eh, forget it." In which case, morning exercise is better. ;)
  • apullum
    apullum Posts: 4,838 Member
    Options
    mita271 wrote: »
    Perfect , thanks !
    There is lots of confusing info out there , I've always had the mentality that if i dont workout in the early morning it wont be effective for weightloss...

There is a lot of bad “advice” out there about weight loss. Why would calories burned in the morning be any different than calories burned in the afternoon? The only way I can imagine a difference is if you are tired in the afternoon and therefore can’t work out at the same intensity you otherwise would. In general, though, a calorie is a calorie.
  • foreverblissful
    foreverblissful Posts: 50 Member
    edited November 2019
    Options
    mita271 wrote: »
    Perfect , thanks !

I honestly got the same vibe too at the beginning of my journey. I think it just has to do with pride of early-morning fitness "gurus" pushing the idea that you're somehow more dedicated if you go early in the morning, the "more pain, more gain" mentality. In reality it really doesn't matter as long as you stick to it.
  • Untilproud11
    Untilproud11 Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    JBanx256 wrote: »
    I work out EARLY in the mornings when I'm on day shift.
    I work out in the afternoons when I'm on night shift.

It really comes down to personal preference, what fits your schedule, and what is going to be live-able with your lifestyle etc. If you despise getting up early and feel like you're walking through quicksand until mid-morning and half a pot of coffee, there is no sense in forcing yourself to get out of bed at zero dark thirty to have a crappy, lethargic workout if, instead, you can consistently go to the gym after work and feel more energized then, yano?

So true 😌

• psychod787
    psychod787 Posts: 4,088 Member
    Options
    Azdak wrote: »
    psychod787 wrote: »
    Actually, the best workouts are done under a new moon, on a leap year, in the shadow of mt Olympus. Lol that's what the interwebs told me! 🤣

I wasn’t working out, but I did spend a night sleeping on a beach under a new moon in the shadow of Mt Olympus. It wasn’t a leap year, but it was lifechangingly awesome.

Maybe one day I will.