Back again doing KETO!

JanesWorld1985
JanesWorld1985 Posts: 11 Member
Hello MFP, I am back once again after almost a year of not taking care of myself. I am looking for fellow Keto pals. Preferably women since I’m also a woman and our bodies are different from men in how we lose weight. Plz add me as a friend so we can share recipes.

Replies

• PatrickMaryAlice
    PatrickMaryAlice Posts: 11 Member
    Hi!
  • Squirtleggs
    Squirtleggs Posts: 1 Member
    Not much of a different as far as I know. Women have at bit larger eating window (10 hours) than men (8 hours). Look into nuts with low carbs if you go on a keto diet, so you get your minerals. Remember to stay on the diet and very slowly transition to carbs when you want to quit. A cheet meal with carbs can be very unhealthy unlike on other diets. Do moderate exercise (50 minutes of brisk walking) and maybe even fasting exercises to really help you boost your metabolism. Magnesium / Calcium balance can be a bit tricky, same as Sodium / Potassium, but if you remember to get your greens and nuts every day you should be fine. Only supplement I take is omega 3 from fish oil. You can get vegan omega 3 too, but it's not as easily absorbed in the body as it needs enzymes to do so.
    Best of luck getting back in shape and remember to take it easy. Best only to stress from morning to early evening, then it's time to relax your body and lower that cortisol.
    Kind regards
    Søren
  • AmyG1982
    AmyG1982 Posts: 1,040 Member
    Feel free to add me, I love having keto buddies!
  • bethtaute
    bethtaute Posts: 1 Member
    Also keen to join. I’m trying Keto for one month to see where it gets me. Just need a kickstart before transitioning to something I feel I can maintain easier.
  • vukotamick
    vukotamick Posts: 11 Member
    Hello! I started Keto on Nov 1st and it can be very challenging for sure. I hope it gets easier but I do miss my beer.
  • 1peggyd
    1peggyd Posts: 2 Member
    I'm new also. I can use all the support I can get.
  • maureenkhilde
    maureenkhilde Posts: 850 Member
    Welcome all. In case you are not aware there is a Lower Carb forum group here on MFP. Look under home and you should see it listed. Has a large number of Keto posts and grocery lists for Keto, and low carb as well. You may find that area very helpful. Good Luck everyone.
  • maureenkhilde
    Not much of a different as far as I know. Women have at bit larger eating window (10 hours) than men (8 hours). Look into nuts with low carbs if you go on a keto diet, so you get your minerals. Remember to stay on the diet and very slowly transition to carbs when you want to quit. A cheet meal with carbs can be very unhealthy unlike on other diets. Do moderate exercise (50 minutes of brisk walking) and maybe even fasting exercises to really help you boost your metabolism. Magnesium / Calcium balance can be a bit tricky, same as Sodium / Potassium, but if you remember to get your greens and nuts every day you should be fine. Only supplement I take is omega 3 from fish oil. You can get vegan omega 3 too, but it's not as easily absorbed in the body as it needs enzymes to do so.
    Best of luck getting back in shape and remember to take it easy. Best only to stress from morning to early evening, then it's time to relax your body and lower that cortisol.
    Kind regards
    Søren

Keto and or low carb, do not require specified eating time like hours. To lose weight someone does not have to exercise. Yes overall it does help your health, and in toning etc but it is not a requirement. And there is no such thing as Fasting Exercises. And giving advice to people about what vitamins they do or do not need is unwise.
    Facts are still regardless of Keto or Low Carb (I am a Low Carber). We all lose weight when we burn up more calories than we are eating, that is true for all diets. But many people have found that doing something other than CICO helps them in one way or the other. Me I do the Low Carb as am a diabetic. But your advice here is not sound.
  • maureenkhilde
    Hello MFP, I am back once again after almost a year of not taking care of myself. I am looking for fellow Keto pals. Preferably women since I’m also a woman and our bodies are different from men in how we lose weight. Plz add me as a friend so we can share recipes.

Hi, welcome back, in case you did not know there is a Lower Carb forum/group with lots of Keto/low carb info. Look under home and you should see it. Good Luck.