It’s now begun....

Options
I had a slice, though small, of a most delicious pumpkin roll. *head hung down*, Anyone else started or even tempted to have a holiday fling with a goodie??

Replies

• procolorer
    procolorer Posts: 326 Member
    Options

We made Oreo cheesecake this weekend and it was delicious (I refuse to feel guilty. Instead of eating half the pie in one day I’ve kept it to one piece a day and we gave away the second pie!)
  • tracydnevins
    tracydnevins Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Procolorer: is this a mental thing for me? I’m riding at a 6.1 A1C. The very last thing I want is a whopping case of diabetes!! Was it worth it? It was pretty dang good!! Homemade!! One small slice was 300 calories and tons of sugar and carbs!! Because of spine surgery, I can’t just walk it off. My calories are so restricted!! This holiday is going to be LONG!!!
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,652 Member
    Options
    It sounds like you just had a little and don't have it often, I wouldn't worry about it! You can always fit food like that into your calories. If you're prediabetic you can probably reverse it. I'm diabetic and got my A1C down to 4.5 through diet, weight loss, and exercise.

I hear ya about back problems, I gained most of my weight after my fourth back surgery when I spent a year in bed waiting for my fusions to finish and get my hardware out. I don't know if you can but my main exercise started with a recumbent bike. I've been able to modify weights and use the elliptical, though the latter is a challenge due to nerve damage in one leg.
  • tracydnevins
    tracydnevins Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Wow Kat!! You’ve been through the ringer!! I’ve had three fusions and exercise is paramount!! I start PT very soon!! Please send me a friend request. It sounds like we may be in the same boat 💗