Today’s my first day - goal weight loss 70lbs

Options
Hello,
My name is Lisa and today is my first day on fitness pal and I love it. I’m 52 and I have to lose the 70lbs I gained over the last 16 years since I had my kids. I am a small boned woman so the weight has been causing health problems as well as stress in my back & knees. It’s time for me to take back control. I started 6 days ago and have lost 6lbs so far and am staying on a 1200-1300 calorie diet. I am just hopeful I accomplish my goal and am thankful for all your support.
Thank you.
Lisa

Replies

• ellie117
    ellie117 Posts: 293 Member
    edited November 2019
    Options
    Welcome! It's great that you're here and recognize you need to make a change. This site and these forums are great motivation and support.

Stay consistent, you can do it!

6lbs is a lot in a short amount of time, so try not to expect that quick of a loss week over week. A lot of that might be water weight. 1-1.5lbs per week is a good goal to aim for over time. As you lose more, expect that to drop to .5-1lb per week, and so on.
  • airforceman1978
    airforceman1978 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    You can do it just take it one day at a time. And expect to have some bad days it will happen just do better the next
  • Stacivogue
    Stacivogue Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    you can do it! I've got 90 lbs to lose so it could be worse! :)
    Let's encourage each other.