Getting Your running stamina back πŸ’ͺ🏻

Options
I just wanted to share my fitness journey. Back in 2016, when I actually took a step towards healthy lifestyle which incorporated; eating healthy and exercising. For the past 3 years and 8months i had been more into strength training, my goal was to achieve an ideal healthy weight and also a good fitness life. Which i did, but for a change, this last quater of 2019, i have been running alot, my runs are around 130 to 140km a month, averaging around 5.5km a day and once a week i run 10kms. I train 6days a week. Since we are approaching the end of this year, i know many of us still working on our goals, and maybe running on that treadmill for 2mins might feel so hard, i had the same feels but now, i can run for 1hour continuously and able run more than 10kms a day. So running is a hobby now, after doing my runs on treadmill, i still do some light weight training.
Eat clean, be consistent and train well!

🍻

Replies

• crazydogladyjess
    crazydogladyjess Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Do you do most of your running on a treadmill? I used to run and am getting back into it. I hate the treadmill and used to run outside, but for a variety of reasons I likely won’t be running outside this winter, so I’m looking to become bffs with the treadmill.
  • appi2018
    appi2018 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi,
    I mostly do treadmill, but once a week i go for outside jogging and running. Since I incorporate both cardio and light weight, i prefer to be in gym.
    Also, have a good running shoe which helps when doing long intervals of running.
  • dewd2
    dewd2 Posts: 2,449 Member
    Options
    An hour on the dreadmill is impressive. I think my record is 40 minutes. After that I start to question my sanity. :D

Have you considered running a race?
  • appi2018
    Options
    Heyy, i guess after hitting 40mins, our mind starts playing up, making us think that we arw tired, and Thn i listen to my legs and they say, they doing fine 🀣... one of my wishes is to run a marathon πŸ’ͺ🏻
  • Girlheidi
    Girlheidi Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Depending on where you are, you could try Parkrun. Free timed 5km run every week - I did Couch25K on the treadmill and have just progressed to Parkrun. Great camaraderie and not a race environment. I do that once a week and the treadmill once a week - it's a nice balance.
  • appi2018
    Options
    Will try that as well 😁
  • firef1y72
    firef1y72 Posts: 1,579 Member
    Options
    dewd2 wrote: Β»
    An hour on the dreadmill is impressive. I think my record is 40 minutes. After that I start to question my sanity. :D

Have you considered running a race?

My record is 33min but I rarely do anything other than intervals. Outside I can run for 4hr+