Good Tasting Protein Shake? Does one exist?

Options
My wife has joined me in my new found fitness kick. She need to supplement protein into her diet. The issue is that all protien drinks taste completely disgusting to her (and me) can anyone suggest a GOOD Tasting Protein Shake. Maybe one that taste like IDK a shake?

Replies

• brancakes
    brancakes Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    The special k chocolate ones taste like chocolate milk to me.. you can try that
  • doyoumeangreen
    doyoumeangreen Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    So we're not supposed to advertise on here but if you want to direct message me, I can direct you to my website. My meal replacement shakes have 20g protein and taste DELICIOUS!
  • brewingaz
    brewingaz Posts: 1,136 Member
    Options
    I know what you mean. I've adjusted to the chocolate flavored ones, those aren't TOO bad.
  • kimjoan
    kimjoan Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    Pro Complex is actually very good. The chocolate is my favorite but the vanilla is good too - I don't really care for the strawberry.

When I travel I take baggies with one scoop (30g of protein) in them, a shaker and it is good just mixed with water. At home I use it as a base for my smoothies - my usual is one scoop of chocolate, one banana and one cup of fat free milk. Another new fav is putting 1/2 a scoop in with my Greek yogurt. But, yep - it is actually good which is amazing for a protein powder! : )
  • taso42_DELETED
    taso42_DELETED Posts: 3,394 Member
    Options
    Well, depends on what sort of nutritional value you're getting out of it. If you're looking to get JUST protein, then you're pretty much looking at the powder mixed with water. It's a bit of an acquired taste. I find the Optimum Nutrition natural chocolate tastes quite good to me, even plain like that.

If you're looking to build up a "meal", depending on how many calories and what sort of nutrients you're aiming for, the sky's the limit. Sometimes I make a super mega shake with whey, banana, non-fat milk, oats, and peanut butter (or some combination thereof), and it's beyond delicious where I'm trying to lick up every last drop.
  • LuluGirl140
    LuluGirl140 Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    I take one called Lean Complete by Unicity. It's absolutely delicious. I do one scoop chocolate and one scoop vanilla, and it tastes like chocolate cake batter. It's got lots of other vitamins and stuff in it too, I've been taking it for months. If you'd like more info let me know. Good luck!
  • NoAdditives
    NoAdditives Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    I only use protein shakes from a natural foods store because I don't want the artificial sweeteners that almost all protein powders use. For me, that increases the gross taste. I was using Bluebonnet protein powders, they come in chocolate or vanilla. Spirutein comes in lots of flavors, most of which are pretty good. One thing you can do to mask the flavor is to add a scoop of protein powder to a fruit smoothie. It's a great, quick breakfast and they always fill me up and keep me full until lunch.
  • randylevy
    randylevy Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I was on the Quick Weight Loss program for about 6 months and LOVE their Chocolate Pudding and Shake Mix, although I make it with Fat Free Milk, not water. You can purchase it online at familybariatric.com.
  • My1985Freckles
    My1985Freckles Posts: 1,039 Member
    Options
    Walmart carries one in a big container that is Chocolate Peanut Butter!!!!! It is to DIE for!
  • kac7700
    kac7700 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    I'm in love with Muscle Milk - Light. Yum!
  • OneBryteSmile
    OneBryteSmile Posts: 808 Member
    Options
    I'm currently loving the Gaspari Myofusion chocolate flavor. I use it with either water or vanilla almond milk (so good). When this one is finished I'm going to try their strawberry and cream flavor which I heard is really good.
  • akgrl1020
    akgrl1020 Posts: 179
    Options
    I sometimes use Pure Protein's Vanilla, and toss is a teaspoon of Tang. Yum! Tastes like an orange creamsicle. If I am using it as a meal replacement or snack, I will use almond milk instead of water.
  • JulieCJulieDo
    Options
    I like the Muscle Milk Light powders, not pre made! They have several good flavors and we mix them to make custom flavors. My favorite is Cake Batter. It is good plain, but you can use it in the blender to make smoothies with strawberries, and it tastes like short cake!! Good luck...
  • mlbazan
    mlbazan Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hey JettD3!

The Peanut Butter Protein Shake is great if you like Peanut Butter :) I loved this one when I tried it. Here's the link for the recipe: http://www.ifood.tv/recipe/tone_it_up_protein_shake
  • beccadaniixox
    beccadaniixox Posts: 542 Member
    Options
    I worked at a camp all summer and my food choices were horrible there. I drank a protein shake called "MIX1" and I really liked it. They come in a bunch of flavors.
  • xxthoroughbred
    xxthoroughbred Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    If you're looking to get JUST protein, then you're pretty much looking at the powder mixed with water. It's a bit of an acquired taste. I find the Optimum Nutrition natural chocolate tastes quite good to me, even plain like that.

This! :drinker:
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,701 Member
    Options
    My wife has joined me in my new found fitness kick. She need to supplement protein into her diet. The issue is that all protien drinks taste completely disgusting to her (and me) can anyone suggest a GOOD Tasting Protein Shake. Maybe one that taste like IDK a shake?
    Go to GNC. Pick a powder and let her try it. If she doesn't like it she can return for full refund or exchange and try another.
  • meganrae_42
    meganrae_42 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I love the GNC Total Lean, Lean Shakes! Ive had the strawberry and Vanilla pre-made and LOVE THEM!!

They contain:
    25 grams of protein
    170 calories
    24 vitamins and minerals
    and are Lactose FREE!!
  • SweetHoliday
    Options
    If you go to a Grovery store like Winco, they have these protein drinks and fruit and veggie drinks by a company called BoltHouse. The chocolate protein shake has I believe 64 g of protein and it tastes amazing! They have really good ingredients in their drinks and they all taste really good! There is also a soy protein shake that I like called Revival Soy. They have flavors like chocolate, vanilla, strawberry, banana, peach, plain, cappuccino, strawberry-banana, blueberry. They have their own website if you wanted to google them and check them out.
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    Myofusion, Trutein, XF Ultra Peptide 2.0 all are top notch in terms of flavor