Gym Pet Peeves

Options
Dazzlle22
Dazzlle22 Posts: 23 Member
What are your greatest gym pet peeves and how do you deal with them?

Replies

• Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    Options
    Two Big Ones:

1. Someone sitting on the equipment, not using it & texting or surfing online. (especially when others are waiting to use the same equipment.)
    2. Not Racking Weights.

How do I deal with it ??

For number #1 - I politely ask to 'work in'.

As for the second one, I'm a bit more passive aggressive.

"Are you finished here ? Really? You Are ? How would we know ?"

..... most everything else isn't a big deal.
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Options
    Bugs. A tissue.
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    Options
    Joeyd727 wrote: »
    - having to save the kid from crushing himself because he thinks his 11 yr old school girl body can lift 400 pounds .

haha.... this happened a couple of weeks ago.

Some high skool kid loads up the barbell to benchpress.

The weight goes straight from the rack to his chest, legs kicking in the air, the kid forgetting to breathe.

I lift it off of his chest and rack the weight.

The kid stands up, takes a deep breath & then and runs out of the gym... never to be seen again.
  • ellie117
    ellie117 Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    People not wiping down their equipment peeves me. But I deal with it by wiping it down if I'm about to use it.
  • Chef_Barbell
    Chef_Barbell Posts: 6,644 Member
    Options
    People who don't mind their own business... I deal with big *kitten* headphones and a face of annoyance.
  • Reckoner68
    Reckoner68 Posts: 2,139 Member
    Options
    sardelsa wrote: »
    Bugs. A tissue.

Straightforward and practical answers
  • mommabear4315
    mommabear4315 Posts: 3,424 Member
    Options
    People who smell really bad. Come on wash your gym clothes. You can’t breathe sometimes of how bad they smell. I mean I wash my gym clothes all the time.
  • ythannah
    ythannah Posts: 4,365 Member
    Options
    When the dog suddenly decides she wants to hang out under the bar with her best "look how cute I am!" face as I'm deadlifting. Drawback of a home gym.
  • mamakatiekat
    mamakatiekat Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    When people don't wipe down their equipment. Sorry but i don't want to be covered in anyones back and butt sweat or germs lmao. I just wipe things before and after i use them.
  • Dazzlle22
    Dazzlle22 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Very good examples, I also find it very annoying when people leave their towel on the equipment and take 100 years to come back, especially when they chit-chat instead of actually working out, and you can't just take their towel off of the machine (I find this to be an unwritten rule because I haven't seen anyone do that)
  • ghudson92
    ghudson92 Posts: 2,061 Member
    Options
    The last commercial gym I used had a littering problem. A certain group of people would leave their empty water bottles and protein bar wrappers all over the floor. They also used to lay out elaborate circuits in the studio and then not put any of the equipment away.
  • ghudson92
    ghudson92 Posts: 2,061 Member
    Options
    ythannah wrote: »
    When the dog suddenly decides she wants to hang out under the bar with her best "look how cute I am!" face as I'm deadlifting. Drawback of a home gym.

That sounds delightful