Show You The Whey

Options
(Sorry for the bad and unfunny pun)
What are some good recommendations for whey (or vegetal) protein? Until now I've been sticking with the classics (100% Gold Standard from Optimum Nutrition) and I was wondering what other good brands do you guys know and what protein do you take pre/post workout. Also, what is your favourite flavour?

Replies

• Safari_Gal_
    Safari_Gal_ Posts: 1,461 Member
    Options
    My fav is Tera’s whey - bourbon vanilla.
  • jeffjeff85
    jeffjeff85 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Same brand, but I always get vanilla - can mix it with anything. Add banana, blackberries, strawberries, sometimes throw in a vanilla yogurt.
    Tried the choc by mjstake - on the wrong shelf where vanilla supposed to be and I didnt check it. Got home, might have cried a little 😏 but I'm too cheap to not use it, so I mix it with the vanilla sometimes
  • aokoye
    aokoye Posts: 3,495 Member
    Options
    I like SIS' advanced isolate and they have a ton of sales (there's one going on right now for the US market). I also like Momentous AbsoluteZero Grass Fed Whey Protein, preferably the chocolate flavor. I accidently ordered the vanilla and while I don't dislike it enough to return it (too much of a hassle), the chocolate is leaps and bounds better. Though the vanilla would be great in a smoothie.

I typically only use protein powders if I have two workouts in very short succession or if I'm coming back from surgery and have been told to consume a lot of protein after physical therapy.
  • Dazzlle22
    Dazzlle22 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    jeffjeff85 wrote: »
    Tried the choc by mjstake - on the wrong shelf where vanilla supposed to be and I didnt check it. Got home, might have cried a little 😏 but I'm too cheap to not use it, so I mix it with the vanilla some

I feel you on this one, I also find chocolate flavour unpleasant, but others seem to like it *shrugs*
    I personally think it's way easier to get a vanilla flavour and customize your protein but everyone has different tastes :blush:
  • Safari_Gal_
    Safari_Gal_ Posts: 1,461 Member
    Options
    jm_1234 wrote: »
    FYI - You can get 34 oz Tera's Whey organic vanilla for $45 on their website. Recently I bought two packages and they gave me chocolate for free. I suspect they might be clearing out or discontinuing some products.

* Accidentally posted this on the other protein thread, meant to post here.
    i6v3psxgkywh.png

Awesome find!!! I’ll have to check out their site! I paid $25 for 24 ounce on amazon! Thanks @jm_1234
  • s131951
    s131951 Posts: 3,776 Member
    Options
    Dazzlle22 wrote: »
    (Sorry for the bad and unfunny pun)
    What are some good recommendations for whey (or vegetal) protein? Until now I've been sticking with the classics (100% Gold Standard from Optimum Nutrition) and I was wondering what other good brands do you guys know and what protein do you take pre/post workout. Also, what is your favourite flavour?

I liked the pun.
  • Dazzlle22
    Options
    jm_1234 wrote: »
    FYI - You can get 34 oz Tera's Whey organic vanilla for $45 on their website. Recently I bought two packages and they gave me chocolate for free. I suspect they might be clearing out or discontinuing some products.

* Accidentally posted this on the other protein thread, meant to post here.
    i6v3psxgkywh.png

That looks amazing, thanks for sharing!
  • Dazzlle22
    edited November 2019
    Options

s131951 wrote: »

I liked the pun.
    Haha, thanks! :blush: