Can anyone suggest a good tasting protein drink?

Options
My wife has joined me in my new found fitness kick. She need to supplement protein into her diet. The issue is that all protien drinks taste completely disgusting to her (and me) can anyone suggest a GOOD Tasting Protein Shake. Maybe one that taste like IDK a shake?

Replies

• arhzon
    arhzon Posts: 150
    Options
    Check out Visalus. It's low in calories, and tastes like cake mix/icing. You have to order it to be Fedexed to you though, they don't sell it in stores.
  • ShrinkingNinja
    ShrinkingNinja Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    Here is what I do. I get the body fortress chocolate. I blend it in a blender, but instead of ice I use frozen strawberries. It is yummy.
  • Bubdog1
    Bubdog1 Posts: 72
    Options
    Try these make-at-home protein drinks, especially the peanut butter-butterscotch one. They are so good, you'll think you're cheating!

http://www.dashingdish.com/2010/03/i-cant-believe-its-not-a-milkshake/
  • MissMaryMac33
    MissMaryMac33 Posts: 1,433 Member
    Options
    No one can tell you what will taste good to YOU. I've tried just about everything out there and most of it is gross -- but other people love love love it..... so unfortunately you're going to have to experiment a little.

I would suggest avoiding anything pre-made anyway -- most of them have less protein andmore carb/sugars and they are expensive. It's much cheaper and you get much better stats by making your own.

There are tons of protein powders out there.... experiment a little. I foudn that I hate just about anything if its mixed with water --- so I usually mix mine (depending on the flavor I buy) with soy milk, diet v8 splash or decaf cold coffee... soy + decaf + chocolate protein == better than starbucks frappuccino in my book :)
  • martinh78
    martinh78 Posts: 601
    Options
    PHD Belgian Chocolate tastes great :)

I think they all take a bit of getting used to though (an aquired taste).
  • shug1
    shug1 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    try pure protein products
  • Carlton_Banks
    Carlton_Banks Posts: 757 Member
    Options
    I like Nature's Best Isopure Zero Carb in whatever flavor you prefer. I like Strawberries and Cream, but I heard Chocolate is good. Optimum Nutrition makes some good quality Whey Protein as well. But, if you are looking for protein content, you will be hard pressed to find anything better than Isopure. Also, shop around online for a good price. The prices at GNC are usually nearly double what you can find online, like through Amazon. Good Luck!

Also, to improve the taste, I like to mix it with some fruit yogurt and 2% milk.
  • helena98
    helena98 Posts: 327
    Options
    I can't get enough of Muscle Milk! I buy their vanilla flavored whey protein powder. It seriously tastes like a milk shake. I always make smoothies with frozen fruit, muscle milk powder & milk. I never ever have to add in sugar cuz muscle milk is SO sweet!

Muscle Milk's pre-made shakes are pretty good -- especially the strawberry flavored. But I think the powder is WAY better.

Give it a try! :smile:
  • defygravity531
    defygravity531 Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    chocolate shakeology! :)http://www.shakeology.com/
  • LexyDawn
    LexyDawn Posts: 113
    Options
    http://bolthouse.com/our-products/beverages/proteins

These Bolthouse Farms ones taste good and can be bought at the grocery store...
    I'm not sure if the rest of the nutritional value is ideal... I can't remember, but if you're going for just protein and taste, they have it.
  • sspainter2405
    Options
    I love strawberry Body Fortress. I usually add a banana or some other fruit.
  • newman84
    newman84 Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    i drink chocolate shakeology with almond milk, almond butter, and almond extract.
    Can you tell i like almonds. lol