jogging to get rid of belly fat???

Options
Okay so this morning I saw a article that says jogging will help with belly fat. I'm exercising and eating right. My tummy looks so big now. I don't know why? Has anyone found something to help bring the body especially the tummy down?

Replies

• Lula16
    Lula16 Posts: 628 Member
    Options
    less salt, less sodium, less bad carbs (bread, pasta) and more raw veggies and fruit!
  • abg0220
    abg0220 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Cutting down on carbs and sugars always helps me. Jogging has helped my legs but not really my stomach...
  • 27strange
    27strange Posts: 837 Member
    Options
    cardio cardio cardio. Unfortunately we don't get to pick from where and when our bodies lose fat. Targeting certain areas usually doesn't have any lasting results. Just keep up with the exercise and cardio and eventually the belly will flatten out. You can be working the abs in the meantime so that when the belly fat sheds away you have toned muscles underneath. I am having the same problem with man boobs right now....go away dang it!
  • megz4987
    megz4987 Posts: 1,008 Member
    Options
    It seemed to work for my sister. She had her daughter Feb2010, had gained about 60-70lb, I think, from pregnancy and lost it all within 7-8months and looks like she never even was pregnant. She was never a runner but got into and has been running marathons ever since. She looks fantastic.
  • akgrl1020
    akgrl1020 Posts: 179
    Options
    I started running back in March, and I have to say it has made a HUGE difference in my body.
  • rufflestx
    Options
    during my stint in the ARMY, I didn't get rid of my love handles till after I was running. Now 30 years later and my goal is to run again. I read to walk briskly a week for every 5 lbs you are overweight to help build up muscles needed for the running. Do some ab exercises to help build the muscles you need for breathing while you are running. Crunches and sit ups and leg lifts didn't move any tummy fat, but it does build the diaphragm for breathing.
  • kitinboots
    kitinboots Posts: 589 Member
    Options
    I don't think its made a difference to me yet. I'm being patient and building up to longer distances. I'm hoping if I can be running 10k 3x a week by the winter ill see that fat loss :)
  • marnijojo
    marnijojo Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    I have lost about 50 lbs by running and obviously my tummy size has decreased, but still have a ways to go.

What I find interesting is that if I do 'really good' and drop 3-5 lbs over a few weeks, my tummy seems to be noticibly smaller, but then my body seems to adjust and redistribute the weight back to the stomach area and out it pops again, even though I don't gain any weight back. It's just plain weird and very frustrating.
  • Quiing
    Quiing Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    Any form of moderate to intense cardio will help, but keep in mind that when fat loss is concerned, you are less likely to see a decrease in the areas that you want to shrink because there is more fat there to burn. You will notice a difference in your face, ankles, wrists, etc before areas like the thighs and tummy (I speak from experience! lol my wobbly thighs and tummy are taking their time to go away...)

Oh and also, adding a pound of muscle burns an additional 50-80 calories... so adding some strength training to your cardio routine can help to burn more fat! :)
  • dirtbikegirl5
    dirtbikegirl5 Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    I second all the sodium, sugar, bad carb reduction, but I did not start becoming defined and lose belly fat, until I added weights to my routine.