INSANITY WORKOUT VIDEOS

Options
has anybody tried these? I am on day 3, have only done the fitness test and plyometrics and am totally dead. 60 days of this only sunday as a rest. crazyness. but its totally going to work. i recommend to anyone trying to lose weight. and you are allowed breaking, i am no where near completing a full video yet.

Replies

• ErrataCorrige
    ErrataCorrige Posts: 649 Member
    Options
    It took me two rounds before I was able to complete a full video. They are SUPER HARD! But...they will get you in shape for anything! After completing Insanity I ran a 10K (without ever really running to train) and got a better time than my friend who runs on a treadmill everyday. You just can't beat it for cardio conditioning!
  • Kalrez
    Kalrez Posts: 655 Member
    Options
    There are quite a few people here who do/have done Insanity. It's rough, but you'll get results.

I plan on starting a P90X/Insanity hybrid program in the coming weeks. I found both programs on eBay for cheap, so once they get here, I'm gonna get started.

I've seen some before/after pics. If you can get that much change in only couple months, then I want in on that awesomeness!
  • crystalmichelle82
    Options
    Yeah they are kick butt workouts. I do the results & recovery drink through Beachbody afterwards sometimes to minimize soreness and replenish what my body gave up during the workout.
  • AlwaysSarah87
    Options
    I have the program but I haven't started it yet. I am excited too.
  • kms1981
    kms1981 Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    My husband is really fit and couldn't do the 6 days a week because it killed his knees. I agree its a great program, but when we start back up I think we are going down to 4 days a week to save our joints :)
  • ShannonWinger
    ShannonWinger Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    I've ordered it and waiting for it to get here. I can't wait to start! I know I'll probably be cursing myself or ordering it later, LOL.
  • Kalrez
    Kalrez Posts: 655 Member
    Options
    I've ordered it and waiting for it to get here. I can't wait to start! I know I'll probably be cursing myself or ordering it later, LOL.

Me too! I know that I'm gonna piss and moan through the whole thing, but I'm gonna get it done! I hate cardio. It bores me. But I want to get into cardiovascular shape. I want to be able to go up a couple flights of stairs without getting winded. I wanna be able to run around and play flag football without sucking air like a fish out of water.
  • lindsay6694
    Options
    im on my 2nd week. at 1st i kinda felt exhausted doing it...now i love it! i look forward to it, mostly bc you burn so many calories ina short period of time and im already seeing results and its only been 2 weeks...cant wait to see what kind of results i get after the 60 days! good luck!
  • LittleD311
    LittleD311 Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    Insanity is very hard, but if you do what you can do, then it's worth it! I actually just finished my Insanity about a month ago, and now im doing a 2nd round of p90x. I am a beachbody coach, so feel free to message me about any questions or concerns you all may have!

Dara
  • krysydawn
    krysydawn Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    Whats the calorie burn for that workout? I'm curious!! lol
  • LittleD311
    LittleD311 Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    Whats the calorie burn for that workout? I'm curious!! lol

mine would range anywhere from about 300-700.....everyone is different though! its really intense! even the recovery days were hard! LOL
  • CALake
    CALake Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    They are definitely kick-butt workouts. I've been using different ones about once a week- but I'm going to follow the schedule when the weather turns cold and I'm not running outside anymore. Once a week is hard enough, I'm sure 6 days is going to kill me!
  • iluminadaonix
    iluminadaonix Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I love insanity! I'm in my second week and I'm seeing results!
  • christiamarie52
    Options
    Just curious, I've been told by a few people that you have to already be in pretty good shape to survive insanity. I want to try it but I'm not in great shape [yet] should I wait until I'm in better shape or get it now?
  • Spitfirex007
    Spitfirex007 Posts: 749 Member
    Options
    I laugh at myself now.. But when I first started Insanity I found myself saying this is insane a few times. Guess that is how it got it's name :P Feel free to add me if you need help or someone to push you! I am getting ready to start round 2 bright and early tomorrow morning.
  • picinina
    Options
    Insanity is very hard, but if you do what you can do, then it's worth it! I actually just finished my Insanity about a month ago, and now im doing a 2nd round of p90x. I am a beachbody coach, so feel free to message me about any questions or concerns you all may have!

Dara

I love this "Insanity is very hard, but if you do what you can do, then it's worth it!" and is basically the driving force behind me putting my butt on the line next week to try it.

WISH ME LUCK!
  • LoveHoodies
    Options
    I am really enjoying Insanity too. I am halfway through the recovery week. I love/hate the shoulder burn!

I also lift three times a week and have recently tried to start running. 2-3 miles twice a week.

Unfortunatly I have been down for quite some time and my binge eating has come back to about once a week (true binge eating... 10k calories in a few hours kind of thing) so I've gained since I've started Insanity.

Weighed/measured myself since it is the beginning of a new month and I'm up 4lbs and am up about 4 inches (measuring hips, waist, both arms, thighs and calves). I guess I just need to look on the positive side and think that maybe I would have gained more if I wasn't doing Insanity?
  • LoveHoodies
    Options
    Last day of recovery week today. I am sad and a bit scared to start month two! I bet it will be fun.

What is everybodies take on the cardio/abs day? During month one I took about a half hour rest between the two, I wanted to get them over with together to cut down on the times I had to shower in one day :p