Ideas for wraps

Options
I found some 50 calorie tortilla wraps but am struggling with what to add that they will be healthy and still low calorie and freezes well. Any ideas?

Replies

• ellie117
    ellie117 Posts: 293 Member
    edited November 2019
    Options
    I'm not sure how well they freeze, but I like shrimp tacos. Season the shrimp and cook in a pan, then wrap up in the tortilla. You can put some red cabbage, or avocado, in there too, maybe some light sauce/dressing if you like, but I don't. Shrimp is very low calorie and a good source of protein.
  • sammidelvecchio
    sammidelvecchio Posts: 791 Member
    Options
    meatballs freeze well
  • Sharon_C
    Sharon_C Posts: 2,132 Member
    edited November 2019
    Options
    Not sure how well they freeze but I've been eating a turkey wrap:

1 tortilla wrap
    1 wedge of Laughing Cow cheese
    seasoning of choice on top of the cheese
    spinach
    sliced turkey

Calories are 187. Of course that will change depending on how much of each item you use
  • missysippy930
    missysippy930 Posts: 2,577 Member
    Options
    Buffalo chicken wrap.
    I cook boneless, skinless chicken breast in crockpot with Franks Buffalo sauce. Top with some fat free blue cheese dressing.

Also I do scrambled egg wraps for breakfast. You can add meat, veggies, cheese etc.
  • RelCanonical
    RelCanonical Posts: 3,882 Member
    Options
    Sharon_C wrote: »
    Not sure how well they freeze but I've been eating a turkey wrap:

1 tortilla wrap
    1 wedge of Laughing Cow cheese
    seasoning of choice on top of the cheese
    spinach
    sliced turkey

Calories are 187. Of course that will change depending on how much of each item you use

This was a staple of mine for a while, good stuff. I don't think the spinach would freeze well, though, it'll wilt when it thaws.
  • rheddmobile
    rheddmobile Posts: 6,840 Member
    Options
    Cooked veggies tend to freeze and reheat better than raw ones - cut into chunks and roast on a sheet pan, stir fry, or grill. The spinach mentioned above would freeze better if sautéed first.

Most spices and herbs are low calorie. So are lemon and lime juice.

Low calorie proteins - various beans, tofu, white meat chicken, lean cuts of steak such as sirloin, white fish, shrimp.
  • Go_Deskercise
    Go_Deskercise Posts: 1,630 Member
    Options
    Chicken quesadillas - tortillas, chicken, cheese, sauce of your choosing - warm up and your done :)
  • gemiller87
    gemiller87 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Steak strips or shredded chicken with a dash of old bay seasoning, shredded cheese and spinach/lettuce on a low cal wrap is a favorite of mine!
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,070 Member
    Options
    Breakfast burritos (cooked eggs and beans/cheese with salsa & optionally meat) freeze well, and there are a zillion recipes online for freezable ones.

As a vegetarian, I like wraps with smoked tofu, cheese, mustard, onions, and sauerkraut, but freezing would mean you'd probably want browned onions, and it would kill the sauerkraut's probiotics (assuming you used raw sauerkraut in the first place). Other than that, I think it would freeze OK.