What do you give out on Halloween?

Options
PAPYRUS3
PAPYRUS3 Posts: 13,259 Member
Happy pre-Halloween North America

Do you give out mini's/full sized candy bars? How many do you give out?
Do you give raisins?
Do you give money?
Do you give books?
How many kids do you get?
Personally, I own/live in an adult only condo - so no kiddos here

Replies

• AliNouveau
    AliNouveau Posts: 36,287 Member
    Options
    I give out minis. Usually a chocolate and a candy, 2 or 3 pieces until the end of the evening when I give out handfuls

Our number of kids vary. It depends how elaborate of displays are a block and a half away. My friend who lives closer to those houses get 300 kids in the first hour of trick or treating.
  • PaperDoll_
    PaperDoll_ Posts: 32,846 Member
    Options
    I don't get hardly any kids, but I keep a bag of candy at the house for the ones that do stop by. I doubt there will be many this year because it's supposed to be storming.
  • PAPYRUS3
    PAPYRUS3 Posts: 13,259 Member
    Options
    AliNouveau wrote: »
    I give out minis. Usually a chocolate and a candy, 2 or 3 pieces until the end of the evening when I give out handfuls

Our number of kids vary. It depends how elaborate of displays are a block and a half away. My friend who lives closer to those houses get 300 kids in the first hour of trick or treating.

That sounds like the house we grew up in...my Mom handed out the loot and she just 'planted' herself at the door...funny though I have no idea where Dad went. 🤨
  • AliNouveau
    AliNouveau Posts: 36,287 Member
    Options
    PAPYRUS3 wrote: »
    AliNouveau wrote: »

That sounds like the house we grew up in...my Mom handed out the loot and she just 'planted' herself at the door...funny though I have no idea where Dad went. 🤨

Ya I sit on the porch with wine and a blanket and hand it out. Hubs will take the boy out and then watch tv when they get home
  • corinasue1143
    corinasue1143 Posts: 7,467 Member
    Options
    I have anywhere from 0 to 100. Close neighbors get full-size candy bars. Everyone else gets individual bags of pretzels. Yes, I know, bah humbug! But I still remember being sick for weeks after Halloween, and I remember when we got old enough to ask if we could help with trick or treat for pennies for missionaries so we could have fun without all that candy.
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Options
    I don't hand out candy at my house, because we're in a somewhat "nicer" neighborhood (though I am not bragging as my home's one of the smallest)...it's so overrun with kids on Halloween that we would get hundreds.

Instead we go to my mom's house. She lives in a senior development near a couple of apartment complexes and those residents are mainly the kids we get. Last couple of years we got maybe 60 trick or treaters, give or take.

Last year we gave out fun size chocolate bars and Laffy Taffy.
    This year we made treat bags containing an Airhead, pixie stick, 2 fun size chocolate bars and a Blow-Pop sucker.
    We have about 10 bags set aside that also have novelty notepads & pens in them. Those are for the sweet neighborhood kids my mom knows well.

Years ago in my former area, I always gave out full-size candy bars. My home was the most decorated in my area and it was a big deal to neighbor kids. I love this part of Halloween and I love when adult-only parties are on a different night, and then Halloween on a regular weeknight, so I can have two totally different "Halloweens" (as I am doing this year)!
  • Godblessuseveryone
    Options
    The Good Stuff.
  • ElainaVonHausen
    ElainaVonHausen Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Nothing. Our area is too dangerous to trick or treat in. Though I would pick PayDay, Snickers, Butterfinger, 3 Musketeers mixed bag if I could. We'd love to be able to do that.