Confused with water retention and actual weight

Options
Okay, so here it is...I did a little experiment. I weighed this morning right after waking ( always without clothes) and weighed 206.2, (yesterday I was up to 208.2 and the day before that was 205.2)...as you can see I flucuate A LOT. So I went on a long power walk 5 1/2 miles this morning and didn't drink water until after I got back home and weighed. I was down to 203.4. Remember I was 206.2 before my walk. I drank a 16oz water and weighed again and I was, of course, 204.4. So with this being said, it is a true testiment to NOT go by the scale and get discouraged if it's not reading what we want to see. I let the scale get the best of me sometimes, but now I tested my own "scale unpredictabilities" and will try my best to brush off bad weigh in days when I know I'm being deligent with my eating. Now, I'm just left wondering what my actual "real" weight is. I'd LOVE to say it's 203.4 (since starting weight was 225 on July 9th) but I know it's not a true weight. Just keep doing what your doing and don't let the little up's and down's on the scale get the best of you! We KNOW better than to let that little square or round, black or white, flat or standing beast of a scale, discourage us. ( I do like it sometimes, but most times, NOT!) :D Have a great day and stay positive!

Replies

• jazzy020106
    jazzy020106 Posts: 485 Member
    Options
    I would say the 206 is.. That was your weight before you messed with your body LOL!

Not a very scientific answer, I know!

But cool experiment! It will help people who weigh in alot not get so discouraged!

Another reason I refuse to weigh in except once a month! =]
  • theivorytower
    Options
    I use an app on my phone called "true weight." it averages all the ups and downs to give you a better idea your true weight!