Calorie Change on MFP

Options
As I've reached each milestone for myself with MFP my calorie intake numbers haven't adjusted. Has anyone else faced this?

Replies

• mallorybriann
    mallorybriann Posts: 1,380 Member
    Options
    What do you have your goals set at?
    How many calories are you set at per day?
  • bry_all01
    bry_all01 Posts: 3,100 Member
    Options
    have you changed your goals? It does not change it for you.
  • Margarette
    Margarette Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Mine hasn't either. But I think its because my calorie intake is already 1200. Is your calorie allotment already this?
  • fairygirl716
    Options
    the less you weigh the less calories your burn. Your body doesn't need as many calories to function ie: pump your heart, breath, move. Therefore, you will see your requirements or limits drop as you lose weight. You will also see that the exercises you have done all along will burn fewer calories for the same activity and time done as before. This is normal...just means you have to up your exercise to keep your metabolism up. This is why so many people see plateaus. They are losing weight but not revamping their metabolism!
  • mrsvatitagain
    mrsvatitagain Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    Hi I dont know about others, but every so many pounds lost I get an automated message from MFP wanting to adjust and I deny it, I don't want an adjustment until I hit a plateau and one is needed. I figure its asking because it wants to reduce my calorie total..LOL It's not broke so I leave it for now..LOL
  • nascarchix83
    nascarchix83 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I've been at 1200 calories since I started and I just adjusted my goal by 5 pounds a month or so ago to 120.
  • agthorn
    agthorn Posts: 1,844 Member
    Options
    The site will never drop you below a daily goal of 1200. This is not a bad thing though, because as you get closer to your goal, your weight loss rate should slow anyways.