Protein shakes

I’m looking for a protein powder or shakes that don’t taste nasty.. any good one out that?

Replies

• cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,876 Member
    ON whey isolate chocolate is the only one I find reasonably good. Still not great...I don't supplement that often with it and would prefer to just eat my protein.
  • Flex730
    Flex730 Posts: 46 Member
    Ghost makes a bunch of different cereal flavored protein powders
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    It's usually personal preference. I'd find something you can try a trial packet of before buying a whole tub. GNC usually has trial packets.

With that being said, I like Quest, Trutein, Muscle Pharm. I try to get the most protein for the calories and still taste good. It's a bonus if it's not too expensive.
  • lrsirius
    lrsirius Posts: 328 Member
    I really like TrueFit vanilla. It’s one of the few that I can honestly say I enjoy. Tasty with just water, a little ice, blend. Vanilla is a good base if you want to added fruit and/or veggies.

783v6jz4yu2z.jpeg
  • Kotuliak
    Kotuliak Posts: 259 Member
    I find Trutein very palatable.
  • HamptonsGuy
    HamptonsGuy Posts: 72 Member
    I use Sport Vegan Protein Vanilla as a base. Its good by itself but you can doctor it. * oz water, cup ice, scoop powder, cup of blueberries. Or you pick the fruit you like, peach, mango, strawberry etc..
  • janicemlove
    janicemlove Posts: 434 Member
    For ready-made ones you purchase at the store I like the special K chocolate ones. They taste okay but they might be higher sugar than you're looking for. I take them to work with me to get me to lunch. I can't eat first thing in the morning because it upsets my stomach but these have been okay so far.
  • lilithsrose
    lilithsrose Posts: 752 Member
    I'm not expert on protein powders, but I have discovered that Aldi's Elevation Chocolate Whey Protein is surprisingly good tasting and cheap (2 lb. for $16). It dissolves really well, even in plain water. I keep a container of it and a blender bottle at work for a quick breakfast.

I had looked at some "professional" reviews before buying it and most of them said that it doesn't have any obvious red flags and seems decent for the price.
  • extra_medium
    extra_medium Posts: 1,525 Member
    edited November 2019
    PE Science is the only one I've found that tastes excellent even when mixed with water. Actually good, like you look forward to drinking it.
  • flotek72
    flotek72 Posts: 500 Member
    Quest Nutrition Chocolate Milkshake. Best bang for the buck. I've not found any that even come close. Percentage of protein per serving is about the best you can find and the taste is rather good.
  • flotek72
    Flex730 wrote: »
    Ghost makes a bunch of different cereal flavored protein powders

I have two tubs of Ghost. I'm almost done with Cereal Milk and it makes me almost gag each swallow. It has a hint of cereal milk taste, but then you get something else that just ruins it. Too bad I still have a full Peanut Butter Cereal Milk left. I'm not a waster, but I really don't want to drink that. The only thing it has going for them is that the percentage of protein you get per serving is about the same as Quest Nutrition. The water required for this is lower than other protein powders I've had. Normally I like to drink a shake for a bit longer, but in this case it is good that it is less. It means less gagging.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,881 Member
    I’m looking for a protein powder or shakes that don’t taste nasty.. any good one out that?

It could be a non-sugar sweetener you find nasty (I do!), so see if the ones you don't like contain sucrolose or stevia, and try brands that do not include this.

Also, I never consume PP plain - I add fat, fiber, and flavors.
  • therealmarceline
    therealmarceline Posts: 38 Member
    I really love Quest and MTS Whey. You can get single serve packets of each to try out. I'm not a chocolate shake fan and both of those brands have awesome fruit flavors. Full disclosure, I use almond milk in my shakes, I wouldn't be able to just do water
  • FitChickPower
    FitChickPower Posts: 1 Member
    I love the Herbalife products. The Vanilla PDM mixed with the Dutch Chocolate F1 tastes like Chocolate Milk.
  • flotek72
    kshama2001 wrote: »

It could be a non-sugar sweetener you find nasty (I do!), so see if the ones you don't like contain sucrolose or stevia, and try brands that do not include this.

Also, I never consume PP plain - I add fat, fiber, and flavors.

So in essence you are suggesting a weight gainer.
  • sexynurse801ms
    sexynurse801ms Posts: 37 Member
    I like ke Premier protein in vanilla and strawberry
  • ernestrodgers82
    ernestrodgers82 Posts: 203 Member

I thought the same thing and then came upon the ideal of mixing the powder with unsweetened coconut milk in a blender instead of water. A little Stevia and some cinnamon and mmm...mmm good!