From thick to fit for the 3rd time at 30

Options
As the title implies my waist has similar properties to a balloon. Granted, my expansion and contraction is over the past 10 years of my life. This time things a little different, I'm 30. I'm finding my body isn't reacting how it use to. Primarily because of the bad habits I've developed these past four years in my professional life.

My last transformation was fueled by a dare and the support I found in gym and online forms like this one. Any one else get caught in circles like this?

Replies

• betsymoomoo
    betsymoomoo Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Same, I'm 30, started this time last year... My body is like nah, we were fine fat. lol.
  • drsmit14
    drsmit14 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Right lol, honestly I know it's down to the habits and being a bit lazy. IDK, I feel like the body clock is getting a little louder now that my 20's are over.
  • Alia_R
    Alia_R Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    I was, when I fell off the wagon for first time. Now I’ve stuck to the promise I made myself and I’m glad to say I’m going strong for nearly one year solid. I want to end this year with a bang before I turn 30 in April. 💪🏻
  • jeslz
    jeslz Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I’m 29 next month and omg the exercise is harder than last time. I’m not struggling with the diet side as much because of surgery, but the exercise is killing my joints haha.
  • ellie117
    ellie117 Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    I turn 30 in two months and I'm happy to say I'm in much better shape now than 25, and almost back to my 21-year-old weight. But it has been very frustrating the past few months or so, as the smallest slip-up seems to have much more impact (negatively) than it used to. We ain't young anymore!
  • XLNC1981
    XLNC1981 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Guys relax.... I’m 38 and naturally stronger than I’ve ever been... ! Yes ok... you lose the stamina quicker and going back to the gym after a fortnights holiday feels like starting afresh but it’s lasts all but a couple of sessions. Never believed in ‘old man strength’ but it’s true. Just don’t give up 👍🏽
  • XLNC1981
    XLNC1981 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I’m sure it’s the same for the ladies too....😉
  • smith667metal
    smith667metal Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Same I am always up and down with body fat ranging from 18% or higher down to as low as maybe 10%. I am 27 and trying to cut and this time I’m going to try and get below 10% bf. So far so good but we will see how it goes lol
  • drsmit14
    drsmit14 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I greatly appreciate the words. Just gotta stay the course and put in the work.
  • angelicamoniquelopez
    Options
    Same this is day two of a diet plan I started and so far it’s going ok others I’ve tried were so hard to follow we’ll see in a month any results I get fingers are crossed stay motivated I have an old pic of how I was younger for motivation to get back to my old weight you can do it 💪