Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

how to track les mills classes

jazz5750
jazz5750 Posts: 6 Member
edited November 2019 in Health and Weight Loss
Hi everyone!

I'm going to Bodypump, bodybalance and body attack classes at my gym, but I don't know how to track that effort. I'm doing deficit diet and myfitnesspal recommends me to eat 1200 calories, however I read in some discussions that it may be a bit low if I'm going to the gym. So, my doubt is how I track the amount of calories of a les mills program?
I normally go four days two hours a week to the gym.
Thank you :blush:

[I don't know if I made myself clear: if I could know how much I burn, I could eat the correct quantity of calories]

Replies

• Duck_Puddle
    Duck_Puddle Posts: 3,237 Member
    edited November 2019
    I believe they are loaded in the exercise database. That should give you a ballpark.

Just search under cardio exercises for “Les Mills”
  • jazz5750
    I believe they are loaded in the exercise database. That should give you a ballpark.

Just search under cardio exercises for “Les Mills”

oh! thank you so much! Still not finding bodypump, yet i could log in balance and attack.
    Really, thank you
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 33,633 Member
    I don't do Les Mills, but you might consider whether one of the several entries for "circuit training", "calisthenics" or
    "aerobics" might be suitable, or a mix and match of them. If you have a calorie estimate from another source, you can also create your own exercise.
  • Fiorefleur
    Fiorefleur Posts: 15 Member
    I collect the info from my fitbit - length of time , how many calories , and label of the work out I did .

So ..LEK Fitness, 53 minutes , and 340 calories .

I don’t find the guesses built in MFP are very accurate .
  • ceiswyn
    ceiswyn Posts: 2,256 Member
    Bodypump is definitely in the database, I log it twice a week :)
  • jazz5750
    ceiswyn wrote: »
    Bodypump is definitely in the database, I log it twice a week :)

okay! Now I find it. I don't know why wasn't there before. Thank you everyone! <3
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,809 Member
    Your goal is only 1200 for a day you don't exercise - it's not intended for you to increase your deficit with exercise.

Whether 1200 (the minimum this site will go to) is even suitable for you is another question entirely.

Exercise estimates are rarely completely correct or accurate but fortunately for the purpose of dieting they really only need to be reasonable to be effective.