Nike + Ipod

Options
Has anybody used this app on their phone? If so, how accurate is it and how do you like it?

Replies

• ♥_Ellybean_♥
    ♥_Ellybean_♥ Posts: 1,646 Member
    Options
    I used it and bought the little shoe device, didn't like it and returned it. I found that it was always falling off and wasn't accurate at all.
  • cphillips1979
    Options
    I just saw that I had the feature. I will try it out today and let you know how it goes!
  • calequestrian
    calequestrian Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I have had no problems with mine. It was about the same as an HRM. I just tied the device onto my shoe.
  • sosborne73
    sosborne73 Posts: 106
    Options
    I don't have the app on my phone but, I have it on my Ipod. I use my Ipod and the sensor that goes in your shoe. I really like mine and have been using it for a couple of months. Mine seems to be more accurate than my treadmill as the app goes by my height and weight and my treadmill doesn't account for that.
    0966784 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I have this and use it every day for my running. It keeps a log of your daily runs and logs a total for your history. I don't think it's super accurate but defiantly helps to make sure you maintain a stead pace/stride and challenges you to get better times or make your distance goals. I have a ipod touch, which comes with the app on it. I had to buy shoes that were compatible and the sensor (got the shoes on clearance total with sensor $60). You put the sensor in the bottom of your shoe and walk around to sync I with the ipod. Very easy to do, love it!
  • suzi67
    suzi67 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    I use the Nike+ gps app and love it. I had the sensor thing and it was ok, but the gps app doest need it, even on the treadmill.
  • gimedatnow
    gimedatnow Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    The Nike+iPod app is okay, but the Nike+GPS app is muuuch more accurate. The GPS app allows you to map your run and calculate an accurate distance, and has all the standard Nike+iPod features (estimate caloric burn, calculate average speed and highest speed, play music from your iPod,...). Plus, the Nike+GPS app is free from the iTunes app store! The only downside is that you need to have a 3G connection for your entire workout (unless you're entire run is near Wifi hotspots or is indoors) and using it very often can take up a lot of your monthly data. The Nike+iPod doesn't require an internet connection, but at least in my experience, it's not nearly as accurate (especially in hilly areas where your pace is more uneven).

Edit: The poor Grammar Nazi inside me just died...
  • xraylady33
    xraylady33 Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    My daughter is an athlete and loves it. She has worn both the HRM and the nike monitor, they are within single digits. She loves it and is on a very strict regimen. Its only twenty bucks, and the HRM set me back a $100, so if you have the pod, go for the extra $20 since you have already invested in the pod itself.