Made it to Onederland!

Options
Jomotive
Jomotive Posts: 16 Member
I started my weight loss journey in May after stepping on the scale and seeing 235 pounds. I gained weight so rapidly due to depression that suddenly, none of my clothes fit. My favorite shirts enhanced my fat rolls and my jeans couldn't go above my thighs. Just looking at my old clothes made me so frustrated that I ended up throwing away about half of my closet (a mistake I now regret...). I gave up on myself.

After seeking a counselor and finally getting help for my depression, I went from 235 (ish) to 198 in 6 months! I never thought I'd see the one hundreds ever again! I've been in the 200's for about 3 years now.

This picture is me in one of my favorite work shirts (that I almost threw away). Same chair, same outfit, new outlook on the importance of mental health :) Looking for more friends so I can see more of people's awesome progress on my newsfeed! Thank you!

j1ub9up500rs.jpg

Replies

• seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Options
    Lookin' good! Congrats on getting back into the 100s.

I love seeing people hit that milestone. I was over 200 from about 1993 to 2013 (teens to mid 30s) and never goin' back if I can help it!
  • quansc
    quansc Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Awesome! Way to go.
  • poisonesse
    poisonesse Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    You're doing fantastic! You can really see the difference in your body, but the thing I like the most in those pics is the difference in your FACE! LOVE that smile, girl, keep it there!!! ;)
  • LyndaBSS
    LyndaBSS Posts: 6,964 Member
    Options
    Welcome to onederland! 🥳
  • DiscusTank5
    DiscusTank5 Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your milestone! I recently reached the 190s after 12 months of work (from 238 lbs).
  • renovagirl
    renovagirl Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Look at your smile! Well done.
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    That’s great! Good work!! Keep it going 🤗
  • totorovic
    totorovic Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    👍 well done
  • ghizon
    ghizon Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Fantastic job... keep up the great work
  • chasitystiff2
    chasitystiff2 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I’m going through the same thing over eating depression and stress how did you lose it did you just track it been so hard for me congrats
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!