Total Gym

Options
Wondering about the Total Gym, the one pushed by Wesley Snipes and Chuck Freakin' Norris. I have access to one and wondered if anyone had any experience with it and how they liked it.

Replies

• OLP76
    OLP76 Posts: 768 Member
    Options
    I saw that on the informerical yesterday...Did ya know Shawn Michaels uses it as well, accordin' to FB LOL.

I cringed at it...I know that machine is not for me. But, I would like to see what other people have to say about it...

Hope you find what you're lookin' for
  • nuviag
    nuviag Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Anything that requires me or invites me to sit or lay is asking for me to take a nap on it, I personally didnt like it but I was using it like 10 years ago and I'm sure the model has changed since then.
  • Jody1949
    Jody1949 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I use mine every day. Just have the basic model with the pull up bar. It is a good toner and maintainer and will definitely give you a cardio workout if used correctlly. Also good for flexibility. Unless you buy the optional weight bar, I don't think you can use it to bulk up and build mass like a serious body builder, but when you're old like me the flexibility and convenience option is great. I get my leg and lower body workout from walking and biking and try to keep my upper body and core toned with the total gym.

Jody
  • mlally1014
    mlally1014 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    After doing research online and wanting one so badly we opted for a Total Trainer. It was cheaper since it doesn't have to pay the big actors. Mine came with all the extras, weight bar, pilates attachments and dvd. I go in spurts but I am currently using it now and have really noticed an increase in strength. I do a total body workout 3 days a week with a little kickboxing added in. If you are serious do your research. The basic total gym models have lower weight limits so if you are heavy or add weight to it you may be over the limit.
  • jmzhale
    jmzhale Posts: 186
    Options
    Well I'm not going to go buy anything, Theres one in my house that belongs to my mother in law that right now is just a toe magnet but as soon as we get the addition to our house done I was thinking of moving it to a place where I'd have space to use it. I'm just trying to decide if I want to try it or just go with some dumbell workout.
  • timboman365
    timboman365 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Check-out Shawn Michaels promo on youtube. He really soft sells it as "hey I'm not going to swear by it but it works for me" attitude which I like. I also like the fact that he picked out that it can be used the same way as an "ab circle" machine as well. I love watching other infomercials and then trying to mimic the move on the total gym. I have a knockoff "Weider 5000" I got off Craigslist and it was the best $40 investment I ever made. I'd like to get a Total Trainer as well when I see the right deal come-up.
    Take care!
    ts