Before I try, question about peanut butter in protein shake

Options
I don't have a blender, just a coffee mug I can shake around. If I nuke my peanut butter for like 10 or 15 seconds and then put it in do you think it will incorporate when I shake?

Replies

• brewingaz
    brewingaz Posts: 1,136 Member
    Options
    Try it.
  • DixiedoesMFP
    DixiedoesMFP Posts: 935 Member
    Options
    I don't know about that, but I see powdered peanut butter in a lot of my friends' diaries. Not sure where to get it though. Nuking peanut butter may just make it separate into oil and solid???
  • splashwags
    splashwags Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    It might breakdown a bit... try nuking in increments, and stirring in between
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    Try it.

That is a risky move. Not everyone lives life on the edge like you do. Stop trying to get people killed.
  • melly424
    melly424 Posts: 23
    Options
    You can nuke peanut butter. In my "bad" days, I would nuke it all the time for an ice cream topping. Just do it for 10-15 seconds though.
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    I don't know about that, but I see powdered peanut butter in a lot of my friends' diaries. Not sure where to get it though. Nuking peanut butter may just make it separate into oil and solid???

PB2

http://www.bellplantation.com/
  • brewingaz
    Options
    Try it.

That is a risky move. Not everyone lives life on the edge like you do. Stop trying to get people killed.

I know. I was careless in my advice. My apologies. Please, do not try this without thorough research on the melting effects of peanut butter when subjected to heat, then mixed in with a liquid medium, such as a protein shake.
  • ZebraHead
    ZebraHead Posts: 15,207 Member
    Options
    PB2 (powdered PB) It's great in shakes and such, and it will mix so much better:

Also you can reconstitute it (with water) and make a fairly good PB out of it too.

2 TBS is 45 cals (2 TBS of real PB is like 180 cals)

Look online for a little (cheap) battery operated whisk/mixer to use in your cup.
  • Contrarian
    Options
    Try it.

I know. I was careless in my advice. My apologies. Please, do not try this without thorough research on the melting effects of peanut butter when subjected to heat, then mixed in with a liquid medium, such as a protein shake.

Just be more careful next time.
  • arhzon
    arhzon Posts: 150
    Options
    Try it.

lol
  • hypotrochoid
    hypotrochoid Posts: 842 Member
    Options
    Also, Peanut Flour from Trader Joes. Very nummy and you don't have to order it online.
  • toddgaines
    toddgaines Posts: 130
    Options
    I have just put peanut butter and a banana into a shake once. I needed a fork to drink it, but it was delicious....
  • taso42_DELETED
    taso42_DELETED Posts: 3,394 Member
    Options
    I mix peanut butter in using a Blender Bottle all the time. Everybody needs one of those, if not 2.

http://www.blenderbottle.com/
  • Erindipitous
    Erindipitous Posts: 1,234 Member
    Options
    PB2 (powdered PB) It's great in shakes and such:

Also you can reconstitute it (with water) and make a fairly good PB out of it too.

2 TBS is 45 cals (2 TBS of real PB is like 180 cals)

I love PB2. ♥
  • MrsCon40
    MrsCon40 Posts: 2,351 Member
    Options
    I mix peanut butter in using a Blender Bottle all the time. Everybody needs one of those, if not 2.

Are you buying? I'll take 3!
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    Options
    Try it.

I was taken aback by your brazen carelessness. I do not regularly throw my panties to the wind . . .

Or was that caution?
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    Options
    Oh, I see trouble abrewing with that PB2 . . . they have chocolate
  • sarah44254
    sarah44254 Posts: 3,078 Member
    Options

Absolutely yes. I love my blender bottle! Mixes "real" peanut butter (not powdered or flour or anything, just the usual type) with no problem. TASTY :O
  • brewingaz
    Options
    Try it.

I was taken aback by your brazen carelessness. I do not regularly throw my panties to the wind . . .

Or was that caution?

If you threw your panties to the wind, I'd be curious as to how bad they were that they needed airing out!
  • Contrarian
    Options
    Well, OP? Did you try it? What happened? We are waiting!