Gained it all back plus some..

Options
In 2016 I lost 85/125 I needed to lose. Now I need to lose 165lbs. I'm looking for friends that need to lose 100+ pounds for motivation and tips.
I'm in a bad place and can't believe I've done this to myself.

Replies

• GlobeYack
    GlobeYack Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome. Don't feel so bad about putting the weight back on and more. The main thing is you realised what you've done and acknowledge that it needs addressed so well done on that part.

I personally don't need to lose 100 pounds or more but I hope you find someone that's ideal for your own personal goals that is going through the same difficulties as yourself.

I too have put on weight but that's mainly due to personal issues. My weight has always gone up and down, starting from down. I was majorly underweight when I was young but now it's reversed.

We all have our reasons for who we are now, you just have to focus on the reasons for your weight gain and for the long run, try to notice the signs of your trigger to eating in order to stomp it out before you eat more than what's ideal for you.

Walking for 30 minutes will burn between 100 and 300 calories on a daily basis which in turn improves your lung capacity, helps control your breathing and makes you feel physically better.

Remember, you'll always feel physically better before seeing a difference in your appearance. As long as you feel physically better, you know you're on your way to looking better.

Hope this helps. Please feel free to add me as a friend and/pm me. 😊
  • swim777
    swim777 Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    Many of us have struggled with maintaining. I know you are frustrated, but you know you can lose. You have proven that. Make reasonable goals for each month. Just get started. You are going to do this!
  • Momar68
    Momar68 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I need to lose 100lb+. I know the "lose it regain it and more" path. Been there too many times. I'm restarting. I want to see my grandchildren grow up.
  • perseverance_is_everything
    Options
    I'm in the same boat. in 2014/15 I lost 125 pounds. Since then, I've gained it back plus some. Now I have just over 150 pounds that I need to lose again. This is the heaviest I have ever been. I feel your frustration. I worked so hard to lose the weight, and now I'm starting from scratch all over again with more to lose than I had the first time. I'm trying to stay positive and realize if I did it once, then I can again. We know how to do it. We've done it before. Stay strong, keep your head up, and just keep looking forward. Small steps. :)
  • ReenieHJ
    ReenieHJ Posts: 9,724 Member
    Options
    One of those old cliches you've probably heard 100x, baby steps. I used to hear blah blah blah whenever someone said take baby steps because I wanted results and I wanted them NOW. But baby steps are the way to go, otherwise it feels very overwhelming and not doable. But you know what? If you break it down to 5# at a time, you will still get there and by seeing those results, will feel more in control, more like 'I CAN do this', you'll have more motivation to say no, thanks, to the wrong foods! I know lots of people say there are no wrong foods, everything in moderation, but I know what my triggers are and do whatever I can to stay away from them. Let's face it, bingeing on celery and carrot sticks didn't do this to me. :( It was those pesky cookies and ice cream, so those don't come into the house anymore. Or I find substitutes that I know I can have without too much damage.
    Use this site, every aspect of it, and try to incorporate some kind of added movement into your life whenever you can. Walk around the block leaves you breathless? Walk 1/2 a block and increase as you're able. Anything you do will only help to make you stronger and fitter.
    You and the others that say they're right there with you...you can do this. :) One day at a time and baby steps.
    Welcome and good luck!!

During my lifetime, my weight fluctuated so bad. My highest ever(that I know of) was 235 and all that negative self-talk stayed in my brain, did a lot of damage. :( Like 'how could you do this?' 'Why are you so weak?' 'You're so stupid to let this happen....AGAIN!' But somehow you have to turn that all around and only listen to the kinder, more loving self-talk such as 'I got this', 'I'm human', 'I CAN make changes'. Find your personal mantra and keep it for yourself.....
  • BrownSugar174
    BrownSugar174 Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    I remember watching the show “The Biggest Looser” and initially thinking how are these people dropping 15-20 pounds in one flipping week! Then I quickly realized that these people are in a controlled environment being told what to eat, when to eat and working out for hours. For many of the contestants, the minute they got “off the island” they gained back all the weight and then some. If these people can not keep the weight off that just confirms that this journey is a very hard one...it is a marathon not a sprint for sure.

I started on MFP on October 30th I started a discussion asking how to handle the mental/emotional part of loosing weight. I am an emotional eater (as many people are) because I eat when I’m stressed AND eat when I’m happy. Prior to starting MFP I’d shed almost 40 pounds. I’ve shed just under 50 pounds with 66 more to go to reach my goal weight (174 pounds to get to a normal BMI).

So how are we dealing with the emotional/mental part of loosing weight BEFORE we reach the goal weight? What happened as you got closer to your goal? I started my journey by saying to myself “this is not a sprint..it is a marathon for the rest of my life”. How do I stop myself from forgetting that mantra FOR THE REST OF MY LIFE?

I sincerely want to start a dialogue about this with everyone because frankly..I feel this is the most important thread discussion! Thank you in advance for your openness.

• Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 39,330 Member
    Options
    I am in the same boat...I have 125 lbs to lose ....feel free to add me ...wishing you the very best on your journey :)
  • Diatonic12
    Diatonic12 Posts: 32,344 Member
    Options
    @BrownSugar174 Rebound weight gain with friends will marsh every mellow and pull the rug right out from underneath you but our time is better spent on dealing with the present than the past. We all have to address the head games we play with ourselves.

Eat the foods you enjoy and find activities you love to do and do all of them on your own terms. All movement counts. There's no such thing as the Finish Line. It's time to swing the mountain of momentum the other way.
  • Sammayxlove3
    Sammayxlove3 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I used to weight 170 pounds and than i lost it all and weighed 125 pounds now i gained it all back and we just can’t win like maintaining your weight is hard