Alexa music

Options
InspectorRed
InspectorRed Posts: 757 Member
Anyone else like asking Alexa to play random songs as you sit and have an adult beverage? I swear one of my favorite things recently is doing this with my hubby, our Alexa is so confused as we play everything from the Beach Boys to Otis Redding to Johnny Cash to Conway Twitty to Meatloaf to Pink to Beastie Boys.....well you get the idea!

...just us?!?

Replies

• T1DCarnivoreRunner
    T1DCarnivoreRunner Posts: 11,502 Member
    Options
    I don't drink, but it is common that Alexa does not understand me and plays some other song that she thought I said. Usually I tell her to play music in the morning when I'm getting ready / dressed for the day.

When running, I use Amazon Music but I have playlists and voice commands just don't work right. I start music manually before starting and then use controls on my headset to play/pause, or skip to the next song.
  • LyndaBSS
    LyndaBSS Posts: 6,964 Member
    Options
    My late husband used to love asking alexa to play music for him. It drove me nuts. In a good way. ❤️
  • kam26001
    kam26001 Posts: 2,799 Member
    Options
    What if the artist has a tricky name like DaBaby or Waka Flocka Flame?
  • Tinydancer106
    Tinydancer106 Posts: 3,678 Member
    edited November 2019
    Options
    Anyone else like asking Alexa to play random songs as you sit and have an adult beverage? I swear one of my favorite things recently is doing this with my hubby, our Alexa is so confused as we play everything from the Beach Boys to Otis Redding to Johnny Cash to Conway Twitty to Meatloaf to Pink to Beastie Boys.....well you get the idea!

...just us?!?

Alexa is a favorite at our house lol..but she gets on my last nerve at times....my son loves her but his speech is not always clear and she will either get confused or play the wrong song and then mama will come in to teach the uppity *kitten* what he said 🤷

But I do kinda dig her ....its nice when you don't wanna type or search for music and she remembers what we listen too and if im super lazy or cooking etc...I'll say Alexa play me some music and she usually nails it😎🤘💗😋
  • InspectorRed
    InspectorRed Posts: 757 Member
    Options
    We get nostalgic and play music that we remember our parents listening to.
    She does get weird occasionally, hubby told her to play 80's hip hop and she played "Lady" by Kenny Rogers!? 🤔