I believe I can!

Options
Hello, very nervous about restarting my weight loss journey. I am 28 and have struggled with being over weight my entire life. In 2018 I naturally gave birth to my perfectly healthy full term baby and I threw myself into breastfeeding and caring for her and keeping her alive for the last 20 months. My health took a backseat to keeping our budget in the limits, keeping us all alive, all while moving through postpartum depression. Last Week on November 17th I stepped on the scale for the first time since my daughter was born... I am the heaviest now, at 300lbs, than I have ever been. I am at risk for diabetes with it being in my family health history and want more children so I am stepping out and really starting this, I did start last Tuesday but I got 1 month free premium and really started reading the stuff on here so I found this intro thing and hope to find friends and support. I could go on but maybe you'll just add me as a friend and we can chat more!!

Replies

• Satisfiedwithbetter
    Options
    I recommend listening to Corinne Crabtree’s “How to lose 100lbs” podcast and get her free course at her website.

It doesn’t matter how long it takes to lose the weight. What matters is you learn to manage your thoughts around food!

Your thoughts create your emotions, that drive your actions and create your results.

You got this!
  • GlobeYack
    GlobeYack Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Welcome and thank you for contributing to the community. It's great to hear that you've been focusing on your family but it seems you've now realised you need to focus on yourself now and what your needs are and I applaud you for it.

Weight loss seems like it takes forever but it starts invisibly; your lung capacity increases and your breathing improves before all else. That will be the first indication that you're on the right path.

They say that your heart is an indication of calorie loss; the harder your heart works, the more calories you're losing. Behind this theory is that for your heart to be so rapid, you need to be doing something vigorous so the feeling of your heart a out to burst from your chest is a good thing.

I'd recommend a walking exercise to start off with; 30 minutes per day can burn between 100 and 300 calories daily depending on terrain and speed and believe it or not, but the smaller steps you take, the more calories you lose (according to a blog on this app) so when you put one foot forward, where it naturally lands is how big your stride should be. Walk at a natural pace, speed walking is generally for those who have built up their momentum, lung capacity and strength in their legs.

There's a fabulous app called "meetup" that offers groups in your local area so if you're up for it, you can join some walking groups and even some toddler ones. Some you may need to pay a small fee towards the cost of the meetup group and/or tea, coffee, biscuits etc.

I hope this helps you and you get to your ideal weight. Please feel free to add me or message me. 😊
  • spells1977
    spells1977 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Hello. Please feel free to add me as a friend. We can support one another 😊