WII FIT

Options
For those who use a WII FIT: Is the balance board a good investment? Do you use yours?? What is your view on it??

Replies

• laura2501
    laura2501 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    i have a wii fit board and it is fab u can use it as scales to so u r getting weighed on the same thing all the time the balance games are good fun and wii fit plus is really good too I LOVE IT
  • tmiqueen
    tmiqueen Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    I have one and it broke within a few months of having it. You have to be really gentle with it or it stops working.
    I'm going to invest in a Kinect I tried a few weeks ago. MUCH better workout and you don't have to have your hands gripping controls and you don't have to balance on a board.
  • smbakke77
    smbakke77 Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    I use mine as my scale, it is much more accurate than my actual scale. Plus I have the Wii Fit Plus game that I can exercise with if I don't feel like driving to the gym.
  • YukonJoy
    YukonJoy Posts: 1,279 Member
    Options
    You don't really burn that many calories and $100 plus games?!?!

Might as well buy some home gym equipment for that price!!
  • Amandamccl
    Amandamccl Posts: 380
    Options
    I love mine I got the wii fit plus which since I got my ufc trainer (which uses the bord also) I don't do my wii fit anymore
  • CorrieV1976
    CorrieV1976 Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    I use mine all the time....I love it. It's great to get some form of exercise in if I cant make it to the gym
  • mommyoftwins05
    mommyoftwins05 Posts: 645 Member
    Options
    I love mine! That is how I weigh myself and I love how it keeps track... great games..
  • Girlbirder
    Girlbirder Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Hi,

Absolutely, you wouldn't want wii fit without it, as most of the games use it - stepping, hula hooping, yoga, muscle exercises etc. It can also be used with other games such as EA Sports Active to ring the changes a bit. I use the balance board most days - good luck
  • sam363
    sam363 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    I love mine! I used it to track my weight and I love that I can do strength training and yoga with it. I have the Wii fit plus and really like to use it in conjuction with walking. I also just bought Wii fit kids for my 4 and 2 year old. The board is great because they get to play a game while also being physically active.
  • CassieH818
    CassieH818 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    I had one and didnt like it at all. I sold it.
  • Jaytee79
    Jaytee79 Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    We have both the Wii Fit and the Kinect. I personally like the Wii Fit better, there are some good games to give you some exercise but I didn't tone up or lose much until I switched to workouts with more cardio and strength training
  • sam363
    sam363 Posts: 204 Member
    Options

I think it depends on the user. Plus the game aspect might motivate some more than just a home gym and the whole family can use it. And not all games are $100. There are plenty that are in the $30 range.
  • bmw4deb
    bmw4deb Posts: 1,325 Member
    Options
    I love it, i use it for my scale much more accurate and tracks
    for you, I burn alot of calories with mine depending on what you do
    and how intense you do it
  • Amandamccl
    Amandamccl Posts: 380
    Options

I think it depends on the user. Plus the game aspect might motivate some more than just a home gym and the whole family can use it. And not all games are $100. There are plenty that are in the $30 range.

she's right theirs a lot of ways to get it cheaper I got the wii fit plus brand new at a yard sale for 15 dollars
  • nikkiamor
    Options
    i have wii fit plus and i love it!
    its actually a pretty good workout as well(:
  • nenanvme
    nenanvme Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I had the Wii Fit plus and the Wii board my board broke after a few months of use. I use the xbox kinnect now and I love it much better than the board. I do the UFC work out and find its a good work out. on my 2nd 30 day challenge.
  • Sepheara
    Sepheara Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    I love it, I use it as a scale and for the yoga. It helps me with my balance too, since I started using it I walk strighter and have slightly better posture.

*Edit* I have the Kinect too, and I think it's better, it works better and with no controls, better exercise. Love it with Zumba.
  • StaciO
    StaciO Posts: 998
    Options
    I have one and love it. I use it with Wii fit + and Biggest Loser and EA Active, Whatever the snowboarding game is that my son has and wabbid wabbits. Okay so the last one is not a fitness game but it is fun.
  • Lauren8239
    Lauren8239 Posts: 1,039 Member
    Options
    The Wii balance board is a must. Mine has taken quite the beating and is still chugging along perfectly. I use it also for other "games" besides Wii Fit - there's Sports Active 2 and Exerbeat that use it in their fitness programs........so if you are using Wii, it's definitely a must have unit.