stopped losing weight - help

Options
Hi

My daily cals goal is 1330, have been dong MFP for just over 30 days.
My weight start was 64.5kg, got down to 62.3kg. Then the following week I went up to 62.8kg and for the past 2 weeks I havent lost a thing.
I havent gained which is great, but very frustrating that I have no further weight loss.
I tend to stick to my cals allowance, sometimes I go over..but not too much..
I do exercise at least 4 days a week doing Jilian 30DS and now ripped in 30, I do combine these as I like... I do eat back my exercise cals, or stay very little under, here and there
Now please someone tell me what am I doing wrong? Thanks

Replies

• welloiledmachine
    welloiledmachine Posts: 1,147 Member
    Options
    Your exercise cals could be off. Unless you use an HRM, those numbers can be off. Try to only eat half your exercise cals back.
  • HoopFire5602
    HoopFire5602 Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    You have been over on your sugar for a few days. Cut back on sugars.
  • mashanda
    mashanda Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Maybe you need to eat more. I have heard that from a trainer before.
  • DancinSMartiPants
    Options
    Do you have a food scale? Are you maybe eating more than you think you are?
  • kgschel
    kgschel Posts: 9
    Options
    agree with the above--estimates of exercise calories could be too high; I find there are are wide variations in estimates in online sources for the same activity (e.g., one site says 30 minutes of biking an average of 14mph is 300 cal, another site says the same thing is 450 cal, etc).

Plus when you first register this site has you choose an estimated basal metabolic rate (based on your typical activity level), so it is possible you overestimated your BMR there which would mean your caloric needs would be lower than you currently expect.
  • healthyJenn0915
    Options
    Maybe try not eating back all the exercise calories. It's all about calories in vs calories out! Good luck!
  • annacataldo
    annacataldo Posts: 872 Member
    Options
    I've been here almost 6months and haven't lost weight half the time I've been here... everyone plateus..just keep at it. Sometimes I don't lose for a month, other times 3weeks, but generally 2weeks, sometimes 1week... I don't chang anything, I just keep at it and it comes off on its own... ill generally lose a ton of weight at once and then plateau, so my weekly average is still at over 2lbs a week, even though I literally haven't lost for 3 of my 6 months.
  • Lucy1421
    Lucy1421 Posts: 14
    Options
    I've been here almost 6months and haven't lost weight half the time I've been here... everyone plateus..just keep at it. Sometimes I don't lose for a month, other times 3weeks, but generally 2weeks, sometimes 1week... I don't chang anything, I just keep at it and it comes off on its own... ill generally lose a ton of weight at once and then plateau, so my weekly average is still at over 2lbs a week, even though I literally haven't lost for 3 of my 6 months.

This is GREAT advice!
  • Gabika
    Gabika Posts: 26
    Options
    I havent started weighting my food, perhaps I need to do that...
    with regards to exercise I tend to put less time even if I do more mins so that the system doesnt overestimates the cals..
    Yes I do need to cut back on sugar, as soon as I have my porridge and banana in the morning for breakfast I am even on sugar intake...so I will allways be over...I love my poridge with banana in the morning! :-)