Eliptical

Options
Ok this is pissing me off ! i was thinking when i am on the eliptical because how fast i can go and how many strides i do that i was going at least a mile but no!!!!! it is like 3500 stride on a eliptical to do a mile and in my 30 min workout i only got like 2000 are you kidding me i am sweating my *kitten* off and i feel like i got a good workout and i havent even gone a mile ........................grrrr

Replies

• PageSalyers
    PageSalyers Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I HATE THE ELLIPTICAL. That thing is evil.
  • Maid4richie
    Maid4richie Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I am strarting to think my eliptical isnt counting all my strides it is making me mad i loooove my eliptical i burn a ton of calories in a small amount of time
  • meggylove
    Options
    what speed setting are you using? I usually find myself getting a mile every 10 minutes of work on the elliptical.
  • Bug1993
    Bug1993 Posts: 10
    Options
    I can never go by distance on any machine because I'm jus ta slow person! But I can still get a great workout if I just focus on myself individually and try to ignore the distance
  • Maid4richie
    Options
    it is a weightloss setting , about a 5-6 resistance
  • christine24t
    christine24t Posts: 6,063 Member
    Options
    keep in mind if you're doing crosstraining with it, you go uphill and that slows you down!
  • bethanyranes
    bethanyranes Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Have you tried taking your hands off of it and just running on it? I keep my hands in the same position as if I were running normally, and I find that it helps me move a lot faster that way!
  • bethdris
    bethdris Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    I miss my elliptical!!! :(
  • My1985Freckles
    My1985Freckles Posts: 1,039 Member
    Options
    what speed setting are you using? I usually find myself getting a mile every 10 minutes of work on the elliptical.

Me too. When I hit the 30 minute mark I am right around 3 miles.
  • lainieg
    lainieg Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I love my "killer", thats what i named my eliptical. But i know what you mean, seems like your going forever and not getting anywhere. i started to just do it, tune out distance and calories until i am done. I plug in my ipod and just ignore the world, its my time and i am enjoying it.Try not to stress out over it.
  • Lugh00
    Lugh00 Posts: 7
    Options
    I'm the same way. When I used the resistance settings I don't close to a mile, but I burn a lot more. Think like you're hiking. It's the number of calories you're burning because what you're doing is harder work. "Running" on an elliptical is nothing like running outside/treadmill. I can, when pushing myself, do a 10m mile on the elliptical (I just did that this morning just to see how long it would take- good timing), but chasing my kids outside on their bikes, I can't keep up with them for more than 30 sec to a minute. Without resistance, I go roughly 3 miles in 30 minutes, at a regular pace. But using the resistance setting I go a lot less distance wise, but burn a lot more and you're building muscle which is good for overall calorie burn.
  • Maid4richie
    Options
    I have never seen my eliptical show 10,000 stide which is what 3 miles is about holy cow i must be doing this wrong now i feel worse