Home gym pics 2019

Options
I’ve gone back and forth with this space but now I am committing it as my home gym. Phase 1 has started: clean out, clean up and draw up a floor and equipment plan. I will update occasionally as progress, changes and additions are made.

Replies

• MarcyMavin
    MarcyMavin Posts: 142 Member
    edited November 2019
    Options
    I like your neighbors bus. You have a lot of space to make a great gym.
  • GuessimGryffindor
    GuessimGryffindor Posts: 642 Member
    Options
    @MarcyMavin re: neighbors bus, my daughter calls that the battle bus I guess cause video games ( she’s 6)
  • GuessimGryffindor
    Options
    Working with 390 sq ft. This is a start, just gotta tell myself baby steps!😎 eventually I would like Olympic weights and a full size rack. But we all gotta start somewhere right?
  • MarcyMavin
    MarcyMavin Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Getting my Olympic weights this week. Super excited.
  • GuessimGryffindor
    Options
    @MarcyMavin Nice! Feel free to post a pic here once your set.
  • shaf238
    shaf238 Posts: 4,021 Member
    Options
    Good space there, looking forward to seeing the finished thing.
  • Hharley1995
    Hharley1995 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I built a garage about 9 months ago. 1st floor for my gym, tools and bike and the 2nd floor for entertaining.
  • GuessimGryffindor
    Options
    @Hharley1995 thats some Home Gym Goals right there, nice! Mind sharing what brand you went with( rack, bench, dips, looks matching) also is that a #100 bag? How’d you anchor? Thanks!
  • Hharley1995
    Hharley1995 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    The cage is from Titan Fitness- T-3 Series Tall Power Rack and pulley Tower Combo, Body-Solid GDIP59 Dip Stand, Body-Solid SFID425 Commercial Adjustable Bench, Body Solid GPCB329 Preacher Curl, Body Solid Cam Series Leg Ext/Curl Machine, about 400 lbs of Body Solid Rubber Grip Set. 5-50 lbs rubber hex dumbells are by Empire.

The heavy bag is 150 lb bag. I boxed for about 10 years and then had a gym with the Police Athletic League for another 10 years..wanted something heavy that doesn't move much.

I mounted it using a 2 x 6 that was 12'. I cut a 4ft length that would be mounted flush with the ceiling which is framed with 2 x 6 16" centers. The remaning 8 feet i cut to about 14" lengths to go in between the rafters. I doubled them up and just nailed them. They are actually underneath the 4ft 2 x 6 that is mounted to the ceiling. The 4ft is secured using 8 3 inch lag screws. It's not going anywhere and i hit the bag 4-5 times a week.

Thanks also for the comments. If you have any other questions, let me know.
  • moonangel12
    moonangel12 Posts: 971 Member
    Options
    JimDew wrote: »
    8ra3efqoyrpz.jpeg

That’s it.

I am intrigued - looking at some rings to start using for the pull up challenge. What all do you do on yours? I am in the early stages of researching them and haven’t looked into full workouts yet.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,988 Member
    Options
    I get most of my cardio outside.

p5jixe0i157d.jpeg