Accountability and motivation

Hi everyone. I’m not sure where to start this, but I’ve heard the first step towards change is admitting there’s a problem. I have a food addiction. I’ve always thought I enjoyed eating food because it tasted good or looked good. But nowadays I’m finding myself just eating purely just to eat, and I can’t stop. I’m just barely out of my teen years, and I’m so afraid I’m wasting some of the best years of my life. I’ve got to be over 300lbs now (I honestly don’t know I refuse to check on the scale I just can’t bring myself to do it), and I want to change. My problem thus far with trying to loose weight and maintain a healthy lifestyle is I loose motivation and I have no accountability. I’ll go to the gym once and feel so accomplished that I won’t go back. Even though I know that one day st the gym didn’t change a thing. I’m just lost. And I really want help. I want to look good and feel good. I’m tired of people judging me because of the way that I look, and I hate being called fat and lazy. As a young girl struggling with positivity and self confidence this only makes things worse. If anyone is willing to help me find the right path to take and to help me stay on it, I would be forever grateful.

Replies