What was your turning point?
Where did you find it?
What helped you create it?

Share your story. 🙂

Replies

• jc4meandu
    jc4meandu Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    Hello, I would like you to know ahead of time I don’t push Jesus on no one but you ask my turning point March 5th 2001 I surrendered my heart to Jesus Christ who showed me true Love. Not just for myself but others. I didn’t create it Jesus is Love. I lived 30 yrs trying to find happiness but only temporary. In the end it left me empty and sad. But now Christ has put a new heart in me and I thank God for all he has done for me at the cross and what he’s presently doing and what he will continue to do. I enjoy encouraging others to be healthy both physically and spiritually. God bless you all✝️
  • LeiLaura
    LeiLaura Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    What was your turning point?
    Where did you find it?
    What helped you create it?

Share your story. 🙂

I finally realised, at the grand old age of 39/40, that nobody else could love me *for* me, and that if I wanted anyone else to love me (as opposed to replacing self-love), I would have to learn to love myself first. I also got sick of being treated like crap. I think it's a culmination of life experiences thing, but I started consciously being kinder to myself, and stopped looking for others to fill the void. Funnily enough, that's when others started showing more care.
  • geraldaltman
    geraldaltman Posts: 1,739 Member
    Options
    Turning point #1 November 2018 a decision that enough's enough. Turning point #2, a medical appointment in December 2018 that affirmed decision and set a course of action. Turning point #3, left side hip replacement surgery in January 2019 and subsequent rehab. Turning point #4, right side hip replacement surgery and subsequent rehab. Corner turned, summer, fall and today, newfound mobility, more and better exercise, improved attention to calories, a 40 pound weight loss (so far) and improved health verified by latest lab results.