GPS Apps

Options
My GPS app keeps cutting out on me! One day a walk or run is 2.8 miles and others, like today the same walk shows as barely 2. I'm using Log Your Run in an arm band. Anyone have another app they use without this issue? Any suggestions for consistent readings?

Replies

• msmayor
    msmayor Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    Try Runkeeper.com I manually use it but I know they do have a gps function
  • fionat29
    fionat29 Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    Runkeeper. Great app, tells you your speed, a rough calorie guide and it shows your run/walk on a map.
  • outersoul
    outersoul Posts: 711
    Options
    I use Runkeeper and I've heard Nike+ is pretty good too.
  • Flyntiggr
    Flyntiggr Posts: 898 Member
    Options
    I've used both runkeeper and the nike+ pod. Runkeeper has been more accurate than my Nike+. Over 3 miles, my nike + was off almost .3. Little too much variance for me. I love runkeeper, and it is my new go-to app!
  • adhillman01
    Options
    I use imapmyrun. It seems to be fairly consistent, but my same run varies from about 4.15-4.3, so I don't get the exact same reading every time, but close. I really like it, it also has a website you can sign into to see all your runs. You should check it out.
  • ibbray04
    ibbray04 Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    Any Runkeeper users having problems with the gps accuracy since the last update? I use it on my iPhone 3gs and it seems ever since the update I've been having nothing but issues. I had one run where it ADDED about 2 miles to my 3.5 mile run, although most of the time the distance it gives me is LESS than what I've just ran... I've loved this app, but am getting sick of the issues lately.