Plant Based Ideas

Options
My husband and I are just starting our Plant Based journey. We do CrossFit 5-6times a week and found a macro based lifestyles works for us. Is there anywhere that we could get some example recipes with marcos breakdowns? Or meal prep suggestions? There is so much to learn and then figure out to maintain what we need to perform at the level we are accustomed to. Thanks in advance for  any suggestions

Replies

• rav0690
    rav0690 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Hey I’m glad you guys are switching to being healthier then ever 🙌🏽
    I’m 6:4 weight 95kgs so My targeting 101kgs for that I would have to maintain my macros around c40/p30/f30 for a few months. I’m currently on 3900cals a day and in the beginning of being vegan it seemed like climbing 🧗‍♂️ up the Mount Everest 😅 but I can easily maintain it now. Attached a wee picture down so let me know if I can add more good stuff to it. Cheers 👍🏽r22n1ehspa4a.jpeg
  • BoxerBrawler
    BoxerBrawler Posts: 2,032 Member
    Options
    Love everything on your list!
  • BoxerBrawler
    BoxerBrawler Posts: 2,032 Member
    Options
    My husband and I are just starting our Plant Based journey. We do CrossFit 5-6times a week and found a macro based lifestyles works for us. Is there anywhere that we could get some example recipes with marcos breakdowns? Or meal prep suggestions? There is so much to learn and then figure out to maintain what we need to perform at the level we are accustomed to. Thanks in advance for  any suggestions

Try taking a look at the GBOMBS diet - that will lead to you many ideas for food prepping based upon your macro's. I'm 100% vegan with a macro breakdown of 40/30/30 and I come in close to perfectly almost everyday. Some days my carbs are over but that's ok! One example of my food-day was the following:

Breakfast: GBOMB (white sliced mushrooms, red onion, spinach, firm tofu, pepita seeds - whole wheat plain bagel and vegan cream cheese
    Lunch: Black rice, tempeh smoky maple bacn, almonds, zucchini, mushrooms
    Dinner: Gardein meatless meatballs, whole wheat sub roll, sauce and a mixed green salad
    Snack: One slice of toasted oatmeal bread - one tablespoon almond coconut butter
    Snack: Vega protein and greens shake (1 scoop)

Total carbs 42% out of 40
    Total fat 31% out of 30
    Total protein 27% out of 30

My diary is open if you want to take a look for ideas.