Xiaomi mi band?

Options
Does anybody own a xiaomi mi band? Are they compatible with myfitnesspal? My mum wants to start using the app (again). She has a fitbit charge 2, and it worked well with the app, but she got a new xiaomi mobile which does not recognise the fitbit. I know xiaomi has its own devices, but I need to know if they link to myfitnesspal - my mum needs something which sends the calories automatically to the app, she is not good at all with technology; for her to log her food is difficult enough.
Thanks for your help.

Replies

• ElizabethKalmbach
    ElizabethKalmbach Posts: 1,416 Member
    Options
    I have one and they are theoretically linkable to Google Fit and then from Google Fit through to MFP, but the connection between Google Fit and MFP has been ridiculous and unreliable, so I've left off with the connection and just use the MiBand to ensure that my step count is within the activity level I set for myself as a baseline.
  • M0n1KCR
    M0n1KCR Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    Thanks a lot, if that is the case it would not be useful for her.
  • ElizabethKalmbach
    Options
    Yeah, it's a cool and inexpensive tech toy with solid hardware, but I probably wouldn't get one for my Mom. She hates tinkering with numbers and gadgets. For her, I'd probably get a run-of-the-mill Fitbit (sans HRM, since they haven't seemed to nail down their algorithms properly) or or Garmin device and connect MFP FOR HER as part of the present. >_< Maybe your Mum is a bit more savvy than mine, but probably a $17 flex with no display would be adequate. I like having my texts display on my watch face, but Mom can barely manage to send one. And heaven forbid anything get messed up in settings. I live out of state from her and she'd wait MONTHS for me to fix it.
  • New_Heavens_Earth
    New_Heavens_Earth Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    I wear a MiFit as part of a clinical resesrch trial I'm in. I hate it.

Burns through the battery, there's a 2 to 3 thousand step discrepancy between it and my Charge HR 2 even though they're on the same arm. Does not sync with anything. And it keeps going off, I mean alarms, GPS alerts, all types of junk neither myself nor research team set this thing up for. I'll be glad when this trial is over and I can ditch it.
  • M0n1KCR
    M0n1KCR Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    Thanks for your help, she has a fitbit but the thing is not recognised by her Xiaomi mobile... I'll try to get it to work again, following the instructions someone posted in the fitbit forum, if it doesn't work I'll look into garmin devices. Of course I will connect it for her, setting every technological device up for my parents is part of my duty as a daughter, it seems 😉
  • ElizabethKalmbach
    Options
    When you look into buying a new device, make sure that the *version* of bluetooth matches up. It's possible that the Xiaomi phone is running a newer edition of bluetooth than the Fitbit. I've run into that problem a number of times and ended up pairing a device with my older tablet.