Newbie Weight Gain Journey

Options
SlimmFit
SlimmFit Posts: 37 Member
edited August 2018 in Introduce Yourself
I’m very slim and thin, love the idea of weekly meal preps but never in the mood to actually do it. It requires too much planning but I hope to try it. I need to get started on this new fitness hobby and lifestyle tomorrow. Join me and let’s do it together!

Replies

• CountShredder
    CountShredder Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'm starting too. But I'm losing weight. Started Saturday. This is fun
  • Millicent3015
    Millicent3015 Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    You could start by planning and prepping a couple of simple meals a day in advance, then build up to more days gradually from there.
  • jacksoncline85
    jacksoncline85 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I tried the meal prepping, but it gets hard.
  • SlimmFit
    Options
    Anyone tried alkaline or hydrogen water? The varying info on YouTube has me so confused
  • Kathryn247
    Kathryn247 Posts: 570 Member
    Options
    Hi and welcome! Alkaline and hydrogen water sound like woo - stuff that someone made up to sell you something. Unless the article is from a reputable source, like the Mayo Clinic, be very skeptical.
    Also, soups are my go-to for meal prep! Very easy and great for this time of year.
  • SlimmFit
    Options
    Thanks for the great feedback
  • SlimmFit
    edited January 2019
    Options
    Im trying
    e8b6crvgoyb6.jpeg
  • SlimmFit
    edited March 2019
    Options
    3weeks of meal prep

Chicken breast and :
    - rice/pasta for two weeks
    -Then dumplings and green bananas this week
    both with mixed veggies
  • Dreamwa1ker
    Dreamwa1ker Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    I have found this cookbook helpful for keeping my lunches interesting: https://www.amazon.com/Just-Add-Sauce-Revolutionary-Everything/dp/1945256249

It is a cookbook of just sauces. Now, some of them are lower cal than others, but in general, I've been using them to keep my meal preps and healthy lunches more interesting (especially when trying to go more plant-based, higher fiber, and less meat). So one week, I would make a pork loin + veggie stir fry with one of the (6 or 7!) different stir fry sauces out of the book. The next, I made burrito bowls of just rice/beans/veggies plus the avocado chile sauce. The next, I made high-fiber pasta with low-fat ricotta and one of the pasta sauces. There's salad dressing too. Etc etc. In general, you can take similar chicken breast/lean pork, veggies, and rice/beans and make it pretty different and interesting by just swapping out the sauce. I've even done things like kung pao chickpeas now. You can pretty quickly enter the sauce recipe into myfitnesspal and save as a recipe for next time it comes up in your rotation, and as long as you measure the portions out it is really accurate.
  • Dreamwa1ker
    Dreamwa1ker Posts: 196 Member
    edited March 2019
    Options
    Oh I've also gotten good at making things on a sheet pan so I can make a large batch really fast. Get a sheet pan + oven-safe wire rack like this: https://www.costco.com/Nordic-Ware-3-piece-Nonstick-Aluminum-Baking-Set.product.100430951.html

Then I can take a couple pounds of chicken tenderloins or boneless pork chops that I've seasoned or marinaded, lay them out on the wire rack, and roast them all at once in the oven. The wire rack keeps the bottom from getting soggy/steaming and helps it brown on all sides. Just keep an eye on the internal temp with a meat probe thermometer so you don't overcook them, and you can have a whole batch for the week done in one go - takes under 30 mins. Also works for a quick weeknight meal with a bag of frozen veggies.
  • SlimmFit
    Options
    Very helpful thank you
  • SlimmFit
    edited May 2019
    Options
    Meal Prep
    Sphagetti squash is my new first time veggie and I think it’s my new favorite
    ini85pqyq154.jpeg

• SlimmFit
    Options
    Over a year and I still can’t get into this and be consistent sigh, only change and in the wrong direction is a 4oz loss, I hope I’ll do better in December and next year 2020 sigh my goal is to gain 5 or 10 lbs and in the right places such a dreamer been stuck at 110lbs for 9 years
  • MaggieGirl135
    MaggieGirl135 Posts: 978 Member
    Options
    I would suggest going heavier in veggies. Excluding the spaghetti squash pics, I think they’re light. Why don’t you try one brand new veggie a week? Also, you could use starchy veggies as your carb, if you grow tired of the rice.