Are you going to track FOREVER?@!

13»

Replies

• paperpudding
    paperpudding Posts: 8,981 Member
    edited November 2019
    Well perhaps - I don't read all threads so crossthreading gets lost on me.

But if the question is Are you going to track forever and somebody replies with no, it feels like shackles, that seems only answering the question of what you are going to do.

It doesn't feel like shackles to me - but if it does for anyone else, they can say so.
    It isn't saying everyone should feel that - any more than I was saying or implying everyone should do it like me.
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,586 Member

But if the question is Are you going to track forever and somebody replies with no, it feels like shackles, that seems only answering the question of what you are going to do.

It doesn't feel like shackles to me - but if it does for anyone else, they can say so.
    It isn't saying everyone should feel that - any more than I was saying or implying everyone should do it like me.

No, I think @AnnPT77 is right. I'm almost positive that certain person has actually given the advice not to log but, even if she hasn't, it almost comes across as bragging when she repeatedly says she doesn't log and only eats healthy.

Which is good if she's coming from an ED perspective but bad if she's giving advice to people who haven't gone through that.

For me, as long as there's a computer or pen and paper, I'll log. I know myself way too well to trust I'll eat only as much as I should and not go crazy if I don't hold myself accountable.
  • paperpudding
    paperpudding Posts: 8,981 Member
    No. In this thread the poster did not advise anyone else.

Any more than I did.

We answered what would you do with what we do.

Coming across as bragging seems perception by the reader - I guess you could say my posts come across as bragging, saying long term loose logging works for me.
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,586 Member
    No. In this thread the poster did not advise anyone else.

Any more than I did.

We answered what would you do with what we do.

Coming across as bragging seems perception by the reader - I guess you could say my posts come across as bragging, saying long term loose logging works for me.

No, not in this thread but we all post the same things over and over again in different threads so if you see it enough times...

And, yes, that's my perception. After seeing it in MANY threads.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,895 Member

I think posting history is important to understand where someone is coming from. I would have certainly felt that logging was odious when I was 16 years old.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,895 Member
    jeffjeff85 wrote: »
    dewd2 wrote: »
    At 5' 9" I weighed 225 pounds. I can tell you for sure the guidelines are not wrong. I was a fat *kitten*. Compare pictures from before to now. The difference is dramatic. I was so outta shape and I looked like hell. The thing is I didn't think I had an issue. Now it is obvious.

Course, that raises the question ....
    If you 'didnt think I had an issue', then WHY the change?

I dropped 50 pounds over the course of 18 months and have maintained that ever since.

I am back to tracking since I'm now focused on dropping another 10-15 pounds for performance reasons.

Not sure how somebody 'didnt think there was an issue" with 50lbs, but if theres a 50lb difference between tracking and not tracking, then certainly.

You snipped out the part that answered your question. Here:
    At 5' 9" I weighed 225 pounds. I can tell you for sure the guidelines are not wrong. I was a fat *kitten*. Compare pictures from before to now. The difference is dramatic. I was so outta shape and I looked like hell. The thing is I didn't think I had an issue. Now it is obvious.

Course, that raises the question ....
    If you 'didnt think I had an issue', then WHY the change?

Because I started running again and it was necessary (I couldn't keep the pace I was used to years before and it wasn't just because I hadn't been training). After a couple weeks of not losing I started using MFP. That's when it all came together. I noticed where the extra calories were coming from and very quickly got a handle on my diet. I dropped 50 pounds over the course of 18 months and have maintained that ever since.

I am back to tracking since I'm now focused on dropping another 10-15 pounds for performance reasons.