First Timer

Options
At a point in life where it’s time to turn the dad bod around and get back in shape. Motivated and ready but lots to learn from the nutrition standpoint!

Replies

• Rugger73
    Rugger73 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    byrd165,
    Right there with you, only mine is a granddad bod. Still active, exercising and playing racquetball, but the scale has not been my friend.
  • annliz23
    annliz23 Posts: 3,397 Member
    Options
    You have both made a start, read the posts and forums record your food daily and exercise, you can do this!
  • giancarlov1191
    giancarlov1191 Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    byrd165 wrote: »
    At a point in life where it’s time to turn the dad bod around and get back in shape. Motivated and ready but lots to learn from the nutrition standpoint!

It's a good idea to get yourself a food scale. It's really eye-opening to see how much we actually eat.
  • Joanna2012B
    Joanna2012B Posts: 1,448 Member
    Options

It's a good idea to get yourself a food scale. It's really eye-opening to see how much we actually eat.

Yes a food scale is a MUST!! Also, be realistic with your goals and the time frame. Don't try to lose too much too fast.
  • giancarlov1191
    Options

Yes a food scale is a MUST!! Also, be realistic with your goals and the time frame. Don't try to lose too much too fast.

Agreed. I suggest using the MFP settings for 1lb a week
  • byrd165
    byrd165 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    welshray wrote: »
    byrd165,
    Right there with you, only mine is a granddad bod. Still active, exercising and playing racquetball, but the scale has not been my friend.

I understand, hopefully with a good plan, some patience and a little luck we can meet our goals. Good luck!

• byrd165
    Options
    Do you weight food pre or post cooking?
  • giancarlov1191
    Options
    Post if/when possible
  • byrd165
    Options
    Thanks! I appreciate it