Used to be a heavy meat eater switched to plants 🌱 🀩
  • iheartmyyorkie
    iheartmyyorkie Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    I'm a keto breathairian. No carby air for me. :/
  • rav0690
    rav0690 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Oftt can you tell us how do you manage keto diet ? What do you eat does it effect muscle gain etc ? I have never tried my self wont mind trying it
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Options
    I guess flexitarian but that sounds so silly to me. I eat meat a couple times a week, usually. Roughly once at home and then a burger or burrito out on the weekend.

My husband was pescetarian for like 17 years and he cooks 90% of our meals. He's reintroduced some poultry recently for medical reasons, and the occasional pork dish. So we're eating more meat at home than in years past...still not much.

I'd say more than 50% of our meals are vegetarian or vegan. We eat a lot of meat alternatives and substitutes and the main sources of protein for us are tofu, beans, nut butters, chickpeas, lentils...and then some fish, dairy/eggs, etc.
  • Kurtmarblecobra
    Kurtmarblecobra Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I’m 1 month Vegan 😊
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Options
    Vinotarian
  • corinasue1143
    corinasue1143 Posts: 7,467 Member
    Options
    I eat it all. That’s why I’m here. I want to eat smaller portions of all of it.
  • 33gail33
    33gail33 Posts: 1,155 Member
    Options
    I am a "failed" wanna-be vegan. :( I was vegetarian for 15 years and then went vegan for 3. Health issues and food allergies had me fall off the wagon - and I occasionally eat fish and eggs now. In a perfect world I would eat 100% vegan, but perfection is elusive. :)
  • CarbsAndCompounds
    CarbsAndCompounds Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    I eat fish every day. I really enjoy fish. Occasionally I will eat some chicken or beef but I prefer fish!
  • PAPYRUS3
    PAPYRUS3 Posts: 13,259 Member
    Options
    was vegan -currently vegetarian (dairy/eggs/fish on occasion).
  • helen_goldthorpe
    helen_goldthorpe Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    I used to be vegetarian. My other half still is so I eat mainly veggie at home but eat meat when i'm out or he's away.
  • rileysowner
    rileysowner Posts: 8,160 Member
    Options
    I eat food of all types. No real name for that I guess.
  • rav0690
    Options
    Can we have enough protein from plant based diet ? Can anyone name some good plant based sources please :)?
  • kayla7303
    kayla7303 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    I eat a semi Mediterranean diet (minus seafood) so it’s predominantly plant based, but I eat chicken a couple times a weeks. I eat other types of meat too, just had to give up red meats though 😞
  • rav0690
    Options
    Is it any good ?sodlm28h2db4.jpeg
  • ReenieHJ
    ReenieHJ Posts: 9,724 Member
    Options
    I wish I could stick to vegan or at least vegetarian. I did vegan for 3 months and lost weight, felt great. But it's just too hard for me to do it long term. Besides liking chicken and wanting fish, eggs, milk, cheese....I find it impossible for me. So I don't eat much red meat at all or pork but that's about it. :/
    This a.m. for breakfast I had a big green salad with a can of tuna on it. :/ The thought of beans doesn't do a whole lot for me.