Don't you hate it when.....

Options
Ok so some of my coworkers always looking for that fast way to lose weight. All kinds of fad diets. Always complaining about how they need to lose weight. I try to introduce them to this site and how it helps and how it's helped me and of course it just goes thru one ear and out the other...stop complaining to me about how you can't lose weight when you don't wanna take my advise. Sorry ya'll just venting.

Replies

• bry_all01
    bry_all01 Posts: 3,100 Member
    Options
    I LOVE that or when they ask what "healthy" thing I brought to work today and asking how it is going, saying they REALLY need to diet and get back in the gym, then runs off to buy 2 cookies (daily) from the deli downstairs.... (I am NOT against cookies, but do not sit there and ask me all about what I am doing, basically say you NEED to do that, too and go grab stuff like that). So, I totally feel your pain.
  • lyngoode
    lyngoode Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    Completely hate it!
  • mea9
    mea9 Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    ...when they pick through your lunch like they've never seen a vegetable, tell you it's all gross, while you're trying to eat it. "Just go to mcdonalds and leave me alone".
  • sunshineshica
    Options
    So, I totally feel your pain.

thanks i'm not the only one. i think sometimes they just like to complain. just talking to be talking
  • shesblossoming
    Options
    I'm glad I haven't experienced that yet. I think because everyone sees me lose weight in a reasonable manner, they're starting to adapt some of my habits as well. However, one guy at work doesn't eat for the entire day and then stuffs his face at dinner time. Then he comes back the next day and talks to me about it for thirty mintes. "I really need a healthier lifestyle."

Ten minutes later.

Wait for it.

"Off to Carl's Jr. Want anything?"

No. Thanks though.
  • tmiqueen
    tmiqueen Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    I've had several people ask me about MFP and they'll join and friend me.....and then never log in.
    Why even waste your time if you're not going to participate?
  • sunshineshica
    Options
    ...when they pick through your lunch like they've never seen a vegetable, tell you it's all gross, while you're trying to eat it. "Just go to mcdonalds and leave me alone".

LMAO!!!!
  • jacksonpt
    jacksonpt Posts: 10,413 Member
    Options
    I get it... I hear ya... I know someone like that too.

I think it comes down to the inconvenience of eating well and exercising not outweighing how much they don't like how they look. At some point (hopefully) they'll hit a breaking point where they are willing to put in the time and effort to fix their diet and start exercising.

Until then STFU!!!!!
  • ItsCasey
    ItsCasey Posts: 4,022 Member
    Options
    I was at a cafe the other day, and some woman at the table behind me started talking about some crazy diet she was about to start that allowed her to eat only 800 calories per day. The guy she was with said "Won't that put your body into starvation mode?" Her response: "I hope so."

Stupid people are stupid.
  • rshunk
    rshunk Posts: 166 Member
    Options

Yes, I hate that!
    Everyone will ask what I did, like I took some "magic pill" or something. When you explain to them that it is making better food choices and watching portion size along with exercise, well... that's just too much work!! Yes, it is a lot of work, hard work, but totally worth it!
    Ppl just want to have it disappear and not have to put anything into it. Not gonna happen!!
  • tmiqueen
    tmiqueen Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    One of my coworkers saw my progress and I told her what I did.

She was all like "Oh, I'm gonna start on that too!"

Then, she sits there and calls all of my vegetable dishes "bird food" and makes a big production of "How can you EAT that?"

I offer her a taste, assuring her it tastes MUCH better than it looks, but she acts like I'm asking her to eat dog turds or something.

Then, I offer to have her join me on my break time walks. And I get the million and one excuses:
    - My feet hurt
    - It's too hot
    - It's too cold
    - It's too windy
    - I'll go tomorrow (and tomorrow never comes)
    Instead, she sits at her desk, never even getting up to make a copy, stuffs her face full of "health" food and cant' understand why she doesn't lose weight. Mind you, when you eat three Lean Cuisines just during your workday alone, isn't going to insure you lose weight.