Same exact weight 3 mornings in a row?

Not complaining or freaking out at all. Quite happy actually with it being Thanksgiving and all but my weight usually fluctuates better 3 or 4 pounds. That last 3 mornings I was there exact same weight, 202.6 which again I'm happy with. I mean goal is 190, possibly 185 but seeing as I have come down from 272 I'm happy. Just strange the same exact weight 3 days in a row. 🤔 What do you think?

Replies

• LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,345 Member

Have you recalibrated your scales lately? when they show the same weight for a few days in a row it could be a sign they need calibrated.
  • OAS5
    OAS5 Posts: 374 Member
    Have you recalibrated your scales lately? when they show the same weight for a few days in a row it could be a sign they need calibrated.

Good idea, I had to calibrate it quite a while back but haven't since. It's a bit of a pain but I probably should. Thanks.
  • helen_goldthorpe
    helen_goldthorpe Posts: 340 Member
    I had that three days in a row last week and three days in a row (at a slightly lower weight) this week. Mind you on Saturday I weighed twice (before and after losing some 'waste' and the weight went down for the second attempt).
  • MikePTY
    MikePTY Posts: 3,814 Member
    I weighed the same the last three days as well. My scale is working fine. It's not very common, but sometimes it does happen naturally.
  • threewins
    threewins Posts: 1,455 Member
    MikePTY wrote: »
    I weighed the same the last three days as well. My scale is working fine. It's not very common, but sometimes it does happen naturally.

This is the likely reason. Numbers bounce up and down but in much the same way is that it's perfectly normal to throw the same dice 3 or even 4 times in a row, occasionally you will get 3 similar readings in a row.
  • OAS5
    Yeah i think my scale is fine. I did go through the calibration just for fun. I'm usually anywhere between 200 and 203. It is the holiday season so I'll be happy if I'm the same come January. After that i make a push to my final goal weight of 190/185.
  • OldHobo
    OldHobo Posts: 647 Member
    I've lost 13.8 lbs. in the last 8 weeks. During that time I've had the same weight three days in a row six times. Not realistic to see loss every day. Avoiding spikes up is evidence of consistency. Gains are either caloric or salt-related.
    vbx05o9mlvak.jpg
  • OAS5
    All good, scale is fine. Today was a different and down number, 201.6, which I was an little surprised about bring Thanksgiving and all. I have had desert the last 2 days. My wife's brownies are just incredible. 😁 Only one each day though so not going overboard. 😂