Hello

Options
My name is Amanda and I'm new. Been on the site a week now and already lost 2.2lbs. I am a single mom and I just turned 30 and decided that I need to change my life. My 3 year old daughter is my biggest motivation. I wanna be a good role model for her and I can't very well be that when I am setting such a bad example. I have been too complacent and have had no will power but maybe this will help me finally turn things around. I have battled my weight all my life and have gone to drastic lengths to try to lose it. Even when I could lose it, it would find it's way back to me with another 10-20lbs. The cycle has to end, for my health, and for my daughter!

Replies

• jstewmo
    jstewmo Posts: 13
    Options
    2.5 lbs!! Congrats, you are doing great. I too am new to this, only two weeks under my belt. Feel free to add me if would like some support!!
  • katinka13
    Options
    Hey there! I joined a few days ago myself but this site has already been a huge help, motivation and support. I hope it works for you too! Feel free to add me if you want.
  • felicityksr
    felicityksr Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    Welcome, Amanda! You came to the right place and for all the right reasons. Good luck! You will find all the motivation, tips, and friendship you need to reach your goal here at MFP.
  • adamsonam
    adamsonam Posts: 127
    Options
    Thanks everyone!! I wasn't going to post, was just going to use the diary but I'm glad that I did. :smile: