Freaking out

If you’ve read any of my previous discussions you may have gotten a sense of how much I freak out about eating. It’s getting so much worse since I’ve moved away from home to University- I don’t have the mental energy to deal with this stress anymore on a daily basis. I’ve been really suicidal recently and the only reason I haven’t done anything yet is because I’m too much of a coward. I want this all to end- the constant obsession with food, it controls my life. It makes me feel so bad when I eat yet I can’t stop, it’s like a constant cycle. How does anyone get through the day without stressing so much about it?!

Replies

• RelCanonical
    RelCanonical Posts: 3,882 Member
    MikePTY wrote: »
    Your university should have a counselor and mental health resources that you can take advantage of. I implore you to please go and see one as soon as possible. Do not wait. There are people who have been where you are and have come out of it happy and healthy. It is not hopeless. It is okay to need and seek out help from a professional for this. Please take advantage of that.

I second this. If it's difficult to talk to someone, just print out or write out what you wrote here, or even just bring it up on your phone, and show it to them. They are there to provide a service so do it the way that you feel most comfortable, if you need to do that each time, just type up what you're feeling and then show it to them and let them help you.
  • Keliz1173
    Keliz1173 Posts: 186 Member
    In reading your post I hear your stress and anguish. I'm really sorry you are feeling this way. It may not seem like it now but things can change and get better. I agree with the other responses and encourage you to reach out to your school's student health centre. Most colleges and universities have services to assist students with their physical and mental health . You deserve love and support.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    MikePTY wrote: »
    Your university should have a counselor and mental health resources that you can take advantage of. I implore you to please go and see one as soon as possible. Do not wait. There are people who have been where you are and have come out of it happy and healthy. It is not hopeless. It is okay to need and seek out help from a professional for this. Please take advantage of that.

Thirded. Take care of yourself, OP. Please talk to someone.
  • Shortgirlrunning
    Shortgirlrunning Posts: 1,020 Member
    Get professional help now! As previous posters noted your university should offer counseling services.

Also, please reach out to a friend or family member that you trust and be honest about where you are at and how much you are struggling. You need support right now.
  • JB1775
    JB1775 Posts: 136 Member
    Yea, you should speak to a therapist. It sounds like you have some comorbid issues along with your eating issues (not to sound judgemental). Get some help. A counselor can help you undersand your thoughts and emotions and get them straightened out.
  • AmyG1982
    AmyG1982 Posts: 1,040 Member
    OP, did you find someone to talk to? How are you doing?
  • BuiltLikeAPeep
    BuiltLikeAPeep Posts: 94 Member
    anb3600 wrote: »
    If you’ve read any of my previous discussions you may have gotten a sense of how much I freak out about eating. It’s getting so much worse since I’ve moved away from home to University- I don’t have the mental energy to deal with this stress anymore on a daily basis. I’ve been really suicidal recently and the only reason I haven’t done anything yet is because I’m too much of a coward. I want this all to end- the constant obsession with food, it controls my life. It makes me feel so bad when I eat yet I can’t stop, it’s like a constant cycle. How does anyone get through the day without stressing so much about it?!

https://ibpf.org/resource/list-international-suicide-hotlines

Please talk to someone. I have been in the same boat.
  • pico6222
    pico6222 Posts: 14 Member
    @anb3600 How are you doing? Have you contacted your University's counseling services? Please check in.
  • LynnJ9
    LynnJ9 Posts: 414 Member
    Please let us know how you are doing.
    There are so many people even on this little app who care about you and want to help you. And there are so many more right there with you who will hold on and help you. Please reach out and let someone know you need a hand up.
  • jujaws
    jujaws Posts: 192 Member
    There is an app called 7 cups if you don't feel like opening up to anybody in person or through this post. You can remain anonymous 💕. Just keep telling yourself one more day.
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,817 Member
    How does anyone get through the day without stressing so much about it?!

Focus on other things like university and exercise.

• anb3600
    anb3600 Posts: 46 Member
    Machka9 wrote: »
    How does anyone get through the day without stressing so much about it?!

Focus on other things like university and exercise.

It’s hard to concentrate- I’m can’t focus during lectures or when I’m revising, and lately I’ve been finding it difficult to run for longer than 10 minutes because I’m not in the right mindset. Even running with music playing my mind is too busy to focus on what I’m doing. It’s so frustrating- nothing is working anymore.