60 + friends wanted

Options
to support each other on this weight loss journey.

Replies

• sandrakarinab
    sandrakarinab Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I need plenty of support these days too! 🥊
  • lucyf1tness
    lucyf1tness Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Add me ! Need to lots of motivation aha
  • ReenieHJ
    ReenieHJ Posts: 9,724 Member
    Options
    You may add me too, if you'd like!
    I'm 66 and just had a 1.5 day backslide(it happens) but am back with it today, full steam ahead. Good luck to you and welcome!
  • geraldaltman
    geraldaltman Posts: 1,739 Member
    Options
    64, 40 lbs lost since May living a post hip replacements life (January and April). Any further loss is "icing on the cake" but I have no plans to stop exercise and calorie monitoring.
  • sanders_jl
    sanders_jl Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    2019winter wrote: »

I need to exercise and eat smarter to keep blood pressure and blood sugar lower.
  • geraldaltman
    Options
    sanders_jl wrote: »

I need to exercise and eat smarter to keep blood pressure and blood sugar lower.

Keep that goal and stay with it. It will happen! My last labs showed blood glucose of 100 and A1C 5.8, down from 6.1. My BP was well into normal range (full disclosure, that is also due to medicine). Good luck.
  • annliz23
    annliz23 Posts: 3,398 Member
    Options
    64, 40 lbs lost since May living a post hip replacements life (January and April). Any further loss is "icing on the cake" but I have no plans to stop exercise and calorie monitoring.

Well done!
  • geraldaltman
    Options
    annliz23 wrote: »

Well done!

Thank you.
  • jim_n_virginia
    jim_n_virginia Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I am 61! I too am looking for encouraging and supportive friends of which I will return the same! Down 25 have 50 more to go!
    Please feel free to add me if you wish!
  • dejavuohlala
    dejavuohlala Posts: 1,821 Member
    Options
    72 still trying
  • annliz23
    Options
    Lost another pound finally whew been stuck at this weight for weeks!
  • BellehavenfarmDawn
    BellehavenfarmDawn Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    Greetings All! I am back after a number of years, down another 15 lbs, total 50, with 40 or so to go. I am 68, daily hiker and horse rider. Whole Foods Plant Based, no oil, sugar or salt. I have been doing quite well lately and thought tracking my diet might help. Other outdoorsy folks?
  • BellehavenfarmDawn
    BellehavenfarmDawn Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    I had no family commitments on Th! My food was great.

As far as activities, I followed the fox hunt in Unionville, Pa for a few hours. It brought me great joy as I used to exercise the hunt horses in my 50's. Then rode my boy. We headed to the woods to avoid the wind. In the evening visited a friend and her dogs, one is crossing the rainbow bridge tomorrow. I brought her some healthy, comfort food, Steel Cut Oats seasoned with fresh nutmeg , oat milk.
  • annliz23
    Options
    I'm not that outdoorsy but I like gardening , walking my dogs daily and going for walks went I can, good luck to you!
  • sanders_jl
    Options
    My exercise usually involves walking my two Westies and while shopping. I do a 5K every year in November. The FitWorks that was near me closed. Trying to cut back on sugar and cholesterol.
  • sanders_jl
    Options
    sanders_jl wrote: »

Keep that goal and stay with it. It will happen! My last labs showed blood glucose of 100 and A1C 5.8, down from 6.1. My BP was well into normal range (full disclosure, that is also due to medicine). Good luck.

I have gotten things down, but then went back up on a couple.