How can I get committed to weight loss

Options
I'm 38 years old and I weight now 95 Kg.

I want to lose weight very much I have the will but I don't have the power.

Even I got engaged with a dietitian and paid monthly subscription but I didn't commit to the diet and don't know why.

I'm so lazy to commit and find it easier to go on with no routine.

Any one faced the same situation? And how can I get over this?

Replies

• twistedhailstone
    twistedhailstone Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Motivation is the thing that will get you started but consistency is the thing that will carry you through.
    I agree with what been said in the replies above. Just start logging what you are eating now, have a good look at it in a month and ask if what you are eating is going to get you to your goal. Make little changes and let them settle in before making the next. Little changes add up to big ones over time.
    Don’t think of foods as good or bad just question what you are eating before consuming. If you decide you want a big piece of chocolate cake, have it and adjust the rest of you day to fit in your calories. Even if you go over, it’s not a big deal. Just do a little better the next day.
    For me personally I find having a regular exercise routine helps keep my eating on track and vice versa. But I do have to schedule gym time otherwise it would get put off. I also pretty much eat the same thing every day, it takes out the pressure of wondering what to have and if it’s good for me. I don’t do meal prep but have plenty of the things I do eat and it’s easy/quick to cook.
    The more consistent you are with both eating and exercise, the easier it will get as it becomes just the things you do.
  • tirowow12385
    tirowow12385 Posts: 698 Member
    Options
    Your will is your power
  • lynn_glenmont
    lynn_glenmont Posts: 9,961 Member
    Options
    You don't need to "want to lose weight very much." You need to want to do what is necessary to lose weight.

• Theoldguy1
    Theoldguy1 Posts: 2,454 Member
    edited November 2019
    Options
    You have to establish your own why and it's probably a long term goal. From there you break it down to shorter term goals/tactics, i.e., the things you do to reach the long term goal.

A well know fitness professional I follow is in his early 60's. His "why" is to be able to dance with his now 3 year old granddaughter at her wedding. So his long term goal is to be healthy and mobile in his mid-80's.

He has short term goals/tactics as far as eating the appropriate amount of healthy food, (with some fun stuff thrown in), maintaining an appropriate weight, exercising, regular doctor's visits etc. Things that taken in total give him the best chance of making his long term goal.

Pretty neat philosophy IMO.
  • JRsLateInLifeMom
    JRsLateInLifeMom Posts: 2,275 Member
    Options
    To help myself y hubby some we started phasing out rule!

1.Run our of something unhealthy don’t put it on the shopping list .
    2. At store need Gatorade - Grab Gatorade Zero Sugarfree (skip Powerade zero tasted fake left after taste...Gatorade zero tastes exactly like the original).Ghughes BBQ Sauce 10cal . Waldens Chipotle or French dressing 0cal. Dryers sugar free fudge pops 70cal. Egg whites. Sugarfree almond or cashew milk . Lower cal pancake mixes. Special K cereals different flavors. More veggies you like y fruits. Wheat bread or rye Ect instead. Baked Cheetos instead of full blown calorie greasy chips you normally eat. That way if you grab your grabbing less calories y healthier ingredients.
    3. Clean pantry little at a time of old food. Just toss it. You know that 3yr old box of twizzlers or box of nasty stale crackers you meant to use next to the rock hard brown sugar from last Christmas 🎄 needs to go .
    4. Walk indoors ..Can be lazy dressed no one sees you .Can go in circles up y down hallways...if have stairs go up y down some. Even exercise bike in the living room while watching tv 📺.
    5. At restaurants eat half a plate save rest for tomorrow y get lowest healthies calories nutrition possible that you will enjoy. Starbucks has some 30cal teas to get a small frappachino not a grande.
    6. Read serving sizes with the calories.Google stuff. Log here. Change what you watch instead of fatty patty cooking channels switch to healthier ones that grab your attention even if it wouldn’t someone else.
    7. Find a relative or friend to sound board off of to jog with go to gym with etc...mines a 3rd cousin who lives far but we keep each other going y informed. My favorite gym I actually used had a upstairs treadmills to bicycles certain hours only Women mainly. The headphones 🎧 let you drown stuff out. Run down a path you like if in a safe town. I moved to the city no longer safe to do.
    8. Join a group your age here move to another if their Hangry then enjoy it.
    9. A trick some use is cover the mirror if it depresses you will /uncover if makes you more accountable buying a few more.
    10. Don’t give up fall today there’s always tomorrow.

Will is a start it leads to Will Power. Track your weight y measurements sometimes the scale stays the same but measurements change! Have the goal outfit in your closet when you reach it buy another until your where you need to be! I have reached a few goal outfits now .
    Was 195+ now CW (current weight) 152 a 43lb loss so far.
  • JRsLateInLifeMom
    JRsLateInLifeMom Posts: 2,275 Member
    Options
    Good news is you have the dietician knowledge so use it any papers you kept too.

I post stuff where I see it also . A note here y there or picture. Stuff like a salad I want to try.
    Also bought air fryer to egg cooker stuff to help me save time more likely to use for me.
  • XLNC1981
    XLNC1981 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Simple answer is.... when you want it badly enough you’ll do it (and not a second before).

...and whatever anybody tells you won’t make a difference because only you are in control my friend.

Took me 13 years to realise I want to be different to the way I am... how long you got?!

Until then... don’t waste the time of good people. Sad but true.

All the best