Not loosing on 1200 calories

Options
Not loosing on 1200 and am seriously tracking. I am 5 5 and 157 pounds. Is this normal ?

Replies

• LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,342 Member
    Options
    How long have you been tracking intake?
  • whitpauly
    whitpauly Posts: 1,483 Member
    Options
    Eating more than 1200 calories
  • Spite70
    Spite70 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    You might have a hormonal issue.

I too am on 1200 cal/day and I have been actually gaining for the last two months. I was 125lb and now am 132 which is crazy - (I'd expect that weight gain from eating more like 2200 cal/day).

I lowered my calories to 1200 from 1400 two months ago and I wasn't seeing any difference for a few weeks until I started gaining, I gained about 4lbs and went to my doctor a little over a month in and had some tests and bloods done and apparently I have some hormonal issues. I continued on 1200 calories and 3lbs more but my body seems to finally be functioning more normally. It's annoying to see progress out the window despite doing everything that used to work for weight loss but I would really recommend seeing a doctor and having some tests done so that if there is something wrong, you can start working to fix it instead of waiting for it to fix itself for weeks.
  • JRsLateInLifeMom
    JRsLateInLifeMom Posts: 2,275 Member
    Options
    Same here if I don’t exercise enough or carbs too high (peri menopausal so hormones hate me). I got to watch my calorie to a T the balance of macros ! If sedentary bam no loose ...move a lot get a few hours of exercise bam either measurements or weight slowly drops off. Lost 43 lbs so far but had to figure stuff out like yes was eating a salad ...but what dressing how much was I using serving size properly? So dressing change to checking amounts. I track it all but it’s not instant some months I plateau forever ♾ others I drop fast or regularly.

Peri menopause age to size started around 200 marker (195 by the time Dr suggested this app) he put me on 1200 but I’m tiny boned to hormones lots of other stuff can’t go by mine . Another Woman younger than me he put on a much much higher calorie diet y older Woman my age group wasn’t peri y taller she got way way way more than me too. Not fair I want more calories too! Lol oh well Doctors orders.When I started here had trouble so went back to Doctor to figure out if the calories it suggested was right or not to what I was doing wrong by showing y telling what I eat. Said Hidden Valley Ranch he said nothin hidden about that Valley . Lol 😂 so true was making more hills around me!

For me exercise does a lot! Calories being very cautious about but if I go over more exercise.