P90X

Options
Hey everyone! I have been doing the classic version of P90X for about 2 weeks and love it but I was wondering what version worked best for everyone out there trying to loose weight and tone up? ... Classic, Lean, or Doubles?!

Replies

• LaDiablesse
    LaDiablesse Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    I'm currently in the middle of doing Classic. I may try lean when I finish though.
  • Stooooo
    Stooooo Posts: 1,191 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone! I have been doing the classic version of P90X for about 2 weeks and love it but I was wondering what version worked best for everyone out there trying to loose weight and tone up? ... Classic, Lean, or Doubles?!

Lean is more cardio focused. I consider it P90X lite. If you are able to do P90X Classic, then stick with it.
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    classic is how the program was intended to be done That being said doubles would yield the greatest results due to the extra workouts, and lean would have the least amount of results due to the lack of strength training.
  • bamgirl10
    bamgirl10 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Lean works best when trying to lose weight. It's backed with cardio and light weights
  • erickirb
    Options
    Lean works best when trying to lose weight. It's backed with cardio and light weights

I disagree, I believe classic and double work better to burn fat than the lean version. The lean was created for people who are essentially afraid of strength training. Lean will lead to the lowest fat loss and lowest strength gains of any of the 3 options.
  • gcarsonuk
    Options
    I am doing 90x classic.. and using myfitnesspal is really making it work.

how do you share recipes on here? i have a couple good ones..

also, i want to complain about the 'fitness' side of 'myfitnesspal'.. the strength training journal system is sucky. I can't add notes to an entry and i Can't put kg, or use Bands or bodyweight.. its just 3 boxes.. any idea how to get the programmers to improve it?
  • Stooooo
    Stooooo Posts: 1,191 Member
    Options

I disagree, I believe classic and double work better to burn fat than the lean version. The lean was created for people who are essentially afraid of strength training. Lean will lead to the lowest fat loss and lowest strength gains of any of the 3 options.

^ What he said!
  • CyclingDiva
    CyclingDiva Posts: 492 Member
    Options
    I did classic or doubles if you consider that I go to the gym and running before doing my p90x or Insanity (which ever one I'm doing at the time) workouts. :)
    Good luck and have fun with it! Kelly :)
  • akane1087
    Options
    Thanks everyone! Lean is definitly out of the picture then! Im still torn between classics and doubles! I love the cardio in doubles but not sure if ill have the time to do two workouts a day.. guess ill give it a shot and see how it works out!
  • CALake
    CALake Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    It is hard to find the time to do the doubles. I never followed the exact routine- my "double" was always running, swimming, or a different kind of cardio than CardioX. I found that boring- especially if you were doing it 3 times a week!
  • erickirb
    Options
    It is hard to find the time to do the doubles. I never followed the exact routine- my "double" was always running, swimming, or a different kind of cardio than CardioX. I found that boring- especially if you were doing it 3 times a week!

I agree with this, my version of doubles just added running as the extra cardio.
  • nascarchix83
    nascarchix83 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    My husband and I started classic last week and so far so good. The only thing I notice is I'm not getting the same amount of cardio as I was prior to starting this program.
  • akane1087
    Options
    yeah same here! I think thats why i was wanting to do doubles.. maybe ill just throw in cardio x on the days i have time to do two workouts